Senior Development Officer, Alumni Engagement
Reports to: Associate Director, Alumni Engagement
Trinity College is a vibrant and diverse academic community with a rich history and excellent local and international reputation. Since its founding in 1851, the College has valued and fostered a high level of academic achievement with some 2,000 currently registered students, 450 of whom live at the College. Trinity College grounds comprise spectacular historic buildings, and the College is among the smallest and most prestigious colleges on the St. George Campus of the University of Toronto. Trinity’s campus currently consists of four main buildings and is located in the central Toronto downtown core, steps from the Bloor-St. George subway and Queen’s Park.
We’re growing our team at a very exciting time for Trinity College. The Living Trinity Campaign (https://livingtrinity.ca) offers an unprecedented opportunity to develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing donors. With construction starting in early 2022 on the Lawson Centre for Sustainability, Trinity new residence and academic building, this is an opportune time to join a dynamic and collaborative team of staff and volunteers as we work to maximize revenues across our development programs.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, the Senior Development Officer, Alumni Engagement is responsible for developing and managing a program of dynamic and inclusive in-person and online events for alumni throughout the year, including Trinity’s Reunion weekend each spring. Working with volunteers and staff members to produce innovative lectures, receptions and donor-centred events, the role requires imagination and collaboration to provide meaningful engagement and involvement to alumni and friends.
The Senior Development Officer, Alumni Engagement will support the Living Trinity Campaign by developing and implementing strategies to grow annual giving revenues for gifts up to $1,000. Working closely with members of the Development & Alumni Affairs team and colleagues in the Division of University Advancement to meet annual goals, the incumbent will oversee Trinity Fund and other targeted solicitations throughout the year and will create opportunities for further engagement and stewardship for new and renewing donors.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Develops and produces all aspects of in-person and virtual/hybrid events from planning/initiation through to invitation, production and post event activities
- Develops a consultative multi-year plan for Reunion activities to increase attendance and donations to the College
- Plans and executes activities leading up to and including Reunion weekend
- Attracts, trains and supports volunteers and class representatives to organize class events and solicit alumni in support of Reunion each year
- Develops and produces event materials eg. invitations, web, electronic, print, etc.
- Provides leadership to members of the Alumni Association Executive and Divinity Associates in planning events and in cultivating and soliciting prospects and donors
- Manages event budgets, reconciliation and reporting
- Overall responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to renew and grow annual support for Trinity Fund donors giving up to $1,000 annually
- Develops specific strategies for the acquisition, renewal and upgrade of donors in all program areas, including Reunion class giving and special appeals
- Collaborates with DUA on the development, writing, and production of solicitation materials for the fall and spring annual fund campaigns
- Collaborates with the DUA Call Centre to develop materials and scripts for Trinity Fund phone campaigns and provide training to call centre team
- Develops strategies for ongoing stewardship of donors; this may involve events, tailored reports, and recognition in publications such as donor listings in all media
- Develops fundraising goals and strategies for annual Reunion activities and other class giving initiatives
- Tracks and analyzes the Trinity Fund’s results and trends and determines measures for success
- Develops and produces fundraising materials in all media for use with individual donors and larger donor groups
- Provide direction to the Development Associate, Donor & Alumni Relations for gift processing of annual gifts for the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs; ensure timely and accurate processing and recording accurate donor information and coding in ARBOR
- Undertake to establish a comprehensive knowledge of Trinity College, including its history, traditions, current academic offerings, and student life
- Serve as an Ambassador for the College, consistently and convincingly demonstrating the role and importance of private sector support
- Perform other duties as required
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of events and/or annual giving experience in higher education fundraising and/or non‐profit development office, or similar work experience
• Direct knowledge of the theory and practice of annual giving is essential
• Experience working with senior volunteers and administration
• Familiarity with university/higher education policies, structure and systems an asset
• Experience with virtual and hybrid events would be an asset
• Experience using the following platforms would be considered an asset: CMS, WordPress, MailChimp, social media, etc.
• Excellent and proven communication skills with the ability to draft and edit a range of materials
• Exceptional organizational, planning skills and attention to detail
• Must be self-motivated, solution-oriented and resourceful
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of and commitment to diversity
• Tact and diplomacy
• Creative and innovative thinker
• attuned to the academic culture and sensitive to issues that may be controversial or politically charged
• a valid driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle
Submit resume and covering letter to: email@example.com Only applications with both cover letters and resumes in ONE PDF document and submitted via email will be considered. Please indicate where you saw the posting in your application letter.
Applications will be accepted to: April 4th at 4:00 p.m.
Trinity College is a federated university in the University of Toronto and offers excellent employment opportunities with exceptional benefits. The College is a culturally diverse community that sustains a tradition of academic excellence and provides a vibrant and welcoming community of students, faculty, alumni and staff.
Trinity College is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity. If you need this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.