Senior Development Officer – Annual Giving
Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Senior Development Officer – Annual Giving
Position: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Advancement Operations
Location: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, or Halifax
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically-driven world?
You have a deep understanding of annual giving. You are a natural communicator with strong project management abilities. Ideally you have a background in direct response, combining database technology with effective digital and direct mail marketing strategies to enable our mission and vision for youth mental health.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience. Sound like a journey you want to be a part of? Then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from a database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
The Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving (SDO) is responsible for planning, executing and managing all aspects of the annual giving programs, including direct mail, monthly giving, telemarketing, commemorative and digital fundraising at Kids Help Phone. This role will be a critical position in the largest fundraising campaign of its kind for youth mental health in Canada’s history. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, this position will develop new initiatives and create donor-centric strategies for growth through Kids Help Phone’s omni-channel direct response and digital fundraising programs. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and collaboratively with team members to foster strong relationships with annual and monthly donors. The successful candidate will be a direct response fundraiser, with a track-record of running successful integrated fundraising campaigns, and a passion for youth mental health.
This role will be a critical position in the largest fundraising campaign of its kind for youth mental health in Canada’s history
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and execute all direct response and digital fundraising strategies for single and recurring gifts across annual giving channels
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with the organization’s annual donors
- Develop and execute new fundraising strategies leveraging digital technology to build and diversify KHP’s Annual Giving program
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including the monitoring and evaluation of select Direct Response and Telemarketing agencies
- Collaborate with database management colleagues, to oversee data management needs for the Annual Giving portfolio
- Identify and transition potential Annual Giving donors to individual giving pipeline. Ensure a donor-centred approach to migration between program portfolios
- Develop and track program budget, key performance indicators against goals to ensure the prompt identification of challenges and solutions to ensure the achievement of fiscal targets
- Ensure delivery of fundraising revenue objectives tied to annual giving program
- Work collaboratively with other functions within KHP to synergize with organizational themes, activities to optimize the donor experience and to ensure clinical accuracy of content
What You’ll Need
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in related field or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum 5 years fundraising experience, including oversight of direct marketing (digital and print) and telephone fundraising campaigns
- Experience developing annual giving strategy and managing direct response marketing programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers, staff, volunteers and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail, ability to work under deadline.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, strategic minded and energetic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, Raiser’s Edge (or other CRM databases)
- Strong technical skills – experience with Mail Chimp, Ad platforms including Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. preferred
- AFP or AHP membership an asset
- Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment
You’ll already have the following:
- A passion and curiosity for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: *lastname_firstname_Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving*
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at https://kidshelpphone.ca/
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.