Senior Development Officer (Annual & Planned Giving)
Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving & Alumni Relations, as a senior member of the Advancement team, the Senior Development Officer, Annual & Planned Giving (SDO) is responsible for managing a portfolio of programs designed to support key advancement priorities at OCAD University (OCAD U) including donor acquisition, donor retention and revenue generation. Under the guidance of the Director, the SDO, Annual & Planned Giving focuses on all aspects of annual and planned giving fundraising targeting alumni, parents, faculty and staff, community members, on behalf of OCAD U. The incumbent is responsible for program planning, goal setting implementation, tracking and evaluating various campaigns to generate revenue and develop a pipeline of support for OCAD U. The SDO is responsible for the development and implementation of prospect identification, cultivation as well as prepares solicitation materials and meets with potential donors to discuss giving interest and opportunities. The SDO plays a key role in increasing awareness and support for OCAD U’s mission.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Contribute to fundraising targets across programs that include: Tribute Programs (In Honour, In Memory), Faculty & Staff Giving, Monthly Giving, Special Appeals, Planned Giving
- Assist with the identification, qualification and cultivation of planned giving prospects from within annual donor pool using data analytics
- Research and recommend strategies for growth and regularly monitor program performance, and adjust or re-evaluate program tactics to optimize programs as appropriate
- Manage vendors and suppliers (e.g., Canada Post, Direct Mail and Telemarketing agencies, etc.) ensuring budgets and deadlines are met
- Report and manage issues that arise with vendors
- Manage the development of marketing and collateral materials for annual and planned giving programs including information and resource materials for planned donor prospects
- Participate in, and/or lead prospect and donor calls in person, by phone and online
- Execute programs and strategies while considering the movement / upgrade between annual, planned giving and major gift programs
- Work with the Stewardship Officer to ensure proper broad-based stewardship activities take place while using judgement to identify annual donors that require more individual personalized stewardship; contribute to stewardship strategy for 1876 Heritage Circle members
- Work with the Advancement Team to ensure timely, accurate and proper gift processing, data pulls & list management, including monitoring and evaluation of data
- Manage own data entry to capture donor activity for tracking and reporting purposes and ensure all donor interactions are accurately recorded and updated in Raiser’s Edge; ensure all documentation related to planned gifts is collected and recorded
- Champion a professional work environment that ensures effective sharing of information and collaboration with other teams and team members
- Support the Executive Director, Advancement and Director, Annual Giving & Alumni Relations in related duties that contribute to the successful operations of the department
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive related experience in annual and/or leadership giving with direct marketing experience
- Professional experience in implementing multi-channel annual fundraising campaigns that include direct mail, email, telefundraising, digital marketing and actively contributing to new strategies
- Knowledge of various planned giving vehicle with experience leading or assisting with planned giving programs, Experience working in a post-secondary institution is an asset
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Ability to seek out and grow knowledge of OCAD U, its history, programs, fundraising practices as well as changes in advancement trends in North America
- Strong oral and written communication skills and confidence interacting with a range of constituents while using tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills; experience delivering projects on scope and on time, flagging issues when necessary
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative, make sound decisions, and collaborate with team members and university colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension plan matching
- Employee Assistant Program
- Wellness Fund
- Vacation and winter break closures
- Professional development and LinkedIn Learning
Hours of Work: Total of 35 hours per week. All OCAD University employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with OCAD U’s vaccination requirement.
Please review the Return to Campus Plan for up-to-date information about OCAD U vaccination requirements.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter by selecting “Apply Now” below. The review of applications will begin on Thursday June 2, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.