Senior Development Officer, Community Giving – (18 month contract position)
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
JOB TITLE: Senior Development Officer, Community Giving – (contract position)
REPORTING TO: Manager, Community Giving
LOCATION: Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness, with periodic travel to Brampton Civic and Etobicoke General Hospitals; hybrid model including work from home
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
Osler Foundation is the fundraising arm of William Osler Health System (Osler). Osler serves 1.3 million people in Brampton, Caledon, North Mississauga, Etobicoke, and the surrounding region. This is one of the fastest-growing and most ethnically diverse regions of Canada.
Osler Foundation builds and fosters relationships in our hospitals and the community to raise funds to support the clinical priorities at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital, Osler’s two acute-care sites, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
As part of the Osler System family, we are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. Year after year, Osler is proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Osler Foundation is equally committed to supporting our employees through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging. Our team members are highly effective leaders, instructors, and mentors within the philanthropy sector with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Association of Healthcare Philanthropists (AHP), including as current Chair, AFP Canada and AFP Fundraiser of the Year, 2019.
If you are dedicated to providing great health care close to home and are ready to dig in and help us to fulfill our vision of healthier communities through giving – we’ve got a position for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Community Giving, the Senior Development Officer, Community Giving, is an exciting and challenging role for a mid-level fundraiser, looking to grow and gain experience in health care fundraising. The Senior Development Officer, Community Giving, is primarily responsible for driving new revenue through community events, annual giving programs, employee giving as well as tribute and grateful patient programs. This role is also responsible for taking an active role providing strategy and support for third party peer-to-peer fundraising, ensuring activation of sector best practices and revenue generation. As a member of the Community Giving team, the individual will also support event execution of Osler’s Signature Events, like our popular Holi Gala, SkiDay and Osler Golf Opens.
- Working with the Manager, Community Giving, contributing to the development and execution of strategies for Osler Foundation’s, third party events, signature events, sponsorships proposals, tribute and grateful patient programs
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new sponsors and participants and upgrading existing sponsors for signature events
- Actively manage a portfolio of key community partners, ensuring business objectives and revenue goals of the Osler Foundation and the community partner is met
- Leading the Employee Giving Campaign by managing the internal committee and executing quarterly events.
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team to develop supporting marketing materials for Osler Foundation community partnerships – including the development of digital strategies
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new community events and ensure
- Identifying opportunities for working with community event organizers to help enhance their events through Osler Foundation’s community fundraising channels.
- Maintaining positive internal and external relationships
- Working well in a team, and helping to facilitate internal coordination of fundraising activities
- Donor and sponsor management, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge
- Contributes to an upbeat, flexible, team-oriented, and collaborative work environment.
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- 2+ years of recent related experience in the health care sector, non-profit sector or related fields
- Specific experience and proven results in developing new business opportunities in the community
- Experience working with diverse communities – a second language is an asset
- Volunteer management skills
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience in using on-line fundraising platforms such as Luminate Online, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in budget management and monitoring
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
- Valid driver’s license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY
- An expected salary range of $48-58K.
- The Foundation is working under a hybrid model of work from home and in office on a weekly basis.
- State-of-the-art accessible facility located close to major highways in Brampton, Ontario
- A dynamic and professional office setting in a hospital environment.
- A highly collaborative team environment with the opportunity to strengthen a diverse community giving portfolio.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us through your application.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF or Word document, addressed to Shelagh Barry, Director, Community Giving, and email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Senior Development Officer, Community Giving – Contract Position
Deadline: Friday, July 8, 2022 at 4:00pm.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.