Senior Development Officer, Community Giving
Who are we? William Osler Health System Foundation
William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) is committed to supporting health care in our community. Never before has the need to provide quality health care close to home been greater within our hospitals. Osler Foundation is excited to expand our team in the pursuit of supporting the health care heroes of our hospital partner, William Osler Health System.
Serving one of Canada’s largest multi-site hospital systems, we pride ourselves in connecting the generosity of our community to the needs of our three hospitals – Etobicoke General Hospital, Brampton Civic Hospital, and the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness. Our community, which covers an area with more than 1.3 million people, is one of the most culturally- rich and ethnically-diverse regions in Canada.
The Osler Foundation has just successfully exceeded its 10-year, $100M You have the Power Campaign raising over $109M in support of our three patient care sites. Over the course of the campaign, and thanks to the generosity of our community, Osler Foundation has experienced significant and continued revenue growth. Our secret? Our team has heart. We’re innovative, persistent, and we work together to get the job done.
As part of the Osler System family, we are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. Osler is proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
Osler Foundation is equally committed to supporting our employees, through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging.
If you are dedicated to providing great health care close to home and are ready to dig in and help us to fulfill our vision of healthier communities through giving – we’ve got a position for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Community Giving, the Senior Development Officer, Community Giving, is an exciting and challenging role for a mid-level fundraiser, looking to grow and gain experience in health care fundraising. The Senior Development Officer, Community Giving, is primarily responsible for driving new revenue through community events, annual giving programs, employee giving as well as tribute and grateful patient programs. This role is also responsible for taking an active role providing strategy and support for third party peer-to-peer fundraising, ensuring activation of sector best practices and revenue generation. As a member of the Community Giving team, the individual will also support event execution of Osler’s Signature Events, like our popular Holi Gala, Benefit Concert and Osler Open’s.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Working with the Manager, Community Giving, contributing to the development and execution of strategies for Osler Foundation’s, third party events, signature events, sponsorships proposals, tribute and grateful patient programs
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new sponsors and participants and upgrading existing sponsors for signature events
- Actively manage a portfolio of key community partners, ensuring business objectives and revenue goals of the Osler Foundation and the community partner is met
- Leading the Employee Giving Campaign by managing the internal committee and executing quarterly events
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team to develop supporting marketing materials for Osler Foundation community partnerships – including the development of digital strategies
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new community events and ensure
- Identifying opportunities for working with community event organizers to help enhance their events through Osler Foundation’s community fundraising channels
- Maintaining positive internal and external relationships
- Working well in a team, and helping to facilitate internal coordination of fundraising activities
- Donor and sponsor management, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to the mission and vision of William Osler Health System (Osler) and the Osler Foundation
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- Three years of recent related experience
- Specific experience and proven results in developing new business opportunities in the community
- Experience working with diverse communities – a second language is an asset
- Volunteer management skills
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience in using on-line fundraising platforms such as Luminate Online, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in budget management and monitoring
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
- Holds a current drivers license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Other duties as assigned
Manager, Community Giving
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF or Word document, addressed to Shelagh Barry, Director, Community Giving, and email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Senior Development Officer, Community Giving
Deadline: Monday, January 10th, 2022
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us through your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.