Senior Development Officer, Corporate and Foundations
Date Posted: 03/02/2022
Req ID: 22878
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
Department: Office of Advancement
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering is a world-renowned community of researchers and students dedicated to solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges through collaborative and multidisciplinary research and experiential education. Through rigorous technical training, and unparalleled extracurricular and professional experience opportunities, we prepare the next generation of engineering leaders and change-makers to unlock the future’s potential.
The Office of Advancement engages alumni and private-sector stakeholders to sustain and enhance the Faculty’s academic mission, leadership and worldwide impact. As part of Defy Gravity: The Campaign for the University of Toronto, we seek to harness the talent, generosity, and compassion of our global community to strengthen the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence and accelerate work on the most complex issues facing our world today.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, Strategic Initiatives, the incumbent will work with key stakeholders within the Faculty to secure gifts from corporations and foundations of $25,000+ as well as in-kind donations that support Faculty identified fundraising priorities. This person will manage a portfolio of between 100 to 125 prospects. The successful candidate will have a proven record of performance and a strong knowledge of best practices in fundraising, particularly in the areas of corporate partnerships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the necessary materials to support a corporate solicitation strategy including: proposals, impact reports, letters of inquiry, briefings etc.
- Actively monitor progress towards financial goals for assigned prospects and donors, taking necessary action to meet and exceed targets.
- Identifying, evaluating and recommending the necessary steps to bring the prospect closer to making a major financial commitment to the University.
- Work collaboratively with Faculty colleagues to identify opportunities and support their efforts to increase existing corporate donor engagement.
- Create development plans that broaden the corporate and foundation donor base and maximize investment at all gift levels.
- Oversee the complete grant cycle process for foundations, including writing complex, high quality grant applications and proposals, including preparing budgets and other materials/documentation (reports, letters of intent, program briefs, etc.), managing the submission and follow-up.
- Support the securement of in-kind support from corporations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years experience in a front facing fundraising role and familiarity with corporate partnerships.
- Experience securing grants from foundations and corporations at the $25,000+ level.
- A successful track record working as part of a team and collaborating with subject area specialists.
- Experience building relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders, including corporate partners and volunteers.
- Experience with a fundraising CRM, preferably Arbor.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing deadlines .
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Achievement oriented
- Team player
Closing Date: 05/18/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 15 — $85,159 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $108,904. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial