Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Come join a collaborative and dynamic team who are driven to build, grow and sustain relationships to fulfil Centennial College’s mission – to educate students for career success. We are looking for a proactive self-starter to identify, develop and manage a portfolio of major gift donors made up corporations, foundations and individuals.
Reporting to the Director of Development; Major Gifts & Campaigns, you will partner with internal team members to prospect, solicit, cultivate, and grow relationships with potential donors including diverse individuals, corporations, foundations, alumni, and more. You are empathetic and have a strong connection to donors’ philanthropic interests; you are very comfortable with engaging with diverse internal partners (executive and leadership teams, faculty leads, alumni and volunteers, etc.) to participate in meaningful initiatives and opportunities that seek to align their interests with donors.
• Responsible for managing a portfolio of 50-100 active major gift prospect donors throughout the various stages of the donor cycle
• Identifies prospective donors and major gift opportunities through various avenues, resources and means
• Proactively works to secure new business/financial support for the college through cold prospecting, cold calling, and outward facing opportunities to secure new funds
• Actively solicits and closes major gifts exceeding $25,000 from a broad range of donors
• Communicates and builds relationships with key constituents and stakeholders within the college to strengthen connections and engagement to create unique major gifts opportunities
• Maintains all donor cycle activities in the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate, timely tracking and reporting for departmental leadership
• Supports the strategic planning process with the Director and Executive Director for major gifts
• Provide coaching, training and support to others who are involved in the process of securing a major gift
• Other administration and communications duties as required
• Four (4) year degree/diploma or equivalent experience required
• Post graduate certificate in Not for Profit Management / Fundraising or CFRE certification would be an asset
• Seven (7) years progressive experience in fundraising and donor relations
• Proven track record of soliciting and closing major gifts above $25,000, from a broad range of donors, including organizations, corporations, individuals and foundations
• Experience with prospect research tools and techniques; ability to manage a portfolio of prospect donors
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills up to executive leadership levels
• Possesses high initiative, independence of action and judgment
• Experience with managing projects and fundraising campaigns, including supervision of senior level volunteers
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Proficient with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases as well as Microsoft Office Suite
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by July 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0622-2295. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).