Senior Development Officer, Partnerships & Events
Senior Development Officer, Partnerships & Events
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium) has offered healing through happiness for thousands of kids and families affected by childhood cancer since 1983. It’s where kids can be kids, and families can be families—engaging in camp-inspired community, in-hospital, and overnight camp programs, at no cost to them. As a privately funded organization, CAMPFIRE CIRCLE donors make thousands of life-changing experiences possible for Campers throughout the year, all across Ontario.
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is currently seeking a Senior Development Officer, Partnerships & Events who is accountable for the cultivation and implementation of fund development plans related to signature, partnership and engagement events.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Partnerships & Events the incumbent will manage a team of 1 – 2 staff to achieve Camp’s vision to:
- Provide the safest and most enriching year-round camp experience for children living with cancer, and
- Provide kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
Key accountabilities include:
1) Planning & Development
- Actively participates in the development, execution and monitoring of the department’s short and long-term plans.
- Contributes to the creation of and assumes a leadership role in the implementation of the Gala fundraisers, Set Sail for Hope, Tour D’Epicure and other large scale partnership events.
- Monitors event and development trends, tracks and reports on fundraising efforts, and makes recommendations to maximize fund revenue, and improvements to processes, procedures and reporting.
- Ensure accurate, efficient data entry of donor information and ensure the integrity of the information systems.
2) Signature & Partnership Fundraising Events
- Lead the planning and execution of new and existing signature and partnership events including the Set Sail for Hope, Bonfire Bash and Tour D’Epicure.
- In collaboration with management, manage the applicable volunteer committees that support the sales and execution of applicable signature and partnership events, including the recruitment, solicitation and stewardship of event supporters.
- Identify and engage prospective gift donors from the portfolio for further fundraising opportunities.
- Identify, recruit and steward new individual fundraisers, sponsors, teams in order to achieve annual fundraising and participation targets.
- Serve as relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of fundraisers, sponsors and committee members providing fundraising support through personalized outreach, and resource support and stewardship with the objective of increasing fundraised dollars and engagement.
- Lead the logistical planning and execution of events within the portfolio, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
3) Engagement Events
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of donor engagement activities to drive both new revenue, donor acquisition and stewardship targets including stewardship events and cultivation events.
- Lead the logistical planning and execution of events within your portfolio, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
4) Volunteer Management
- Oversee event execution volunteer recruitment, management and stewardship to support fundraising and engagement events, in collaboration with HR and the development management team.
- Support identification and migration of event volunteers for other fund development programs.
5) People Management
- Provide oversight and direction to staff with clear and concise objectives. Develop and promote a healthy and safe work environment and overall wellness culture.
- Lead event meetings, develop agenda, assign and follow-up on responsibilities and duties.
- Working with Human Resources, actively participate in the recruitment and selection process.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and training opportunities.
- Manage staff performance and development by maintaining regular check-ins, documenting and addressing achievements and areas of improvement.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in fundraising with an emphasis on large scale participant based event organization, with revenue targets exceeding $1 million.
- Minimum 2 years of people management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, donors, fundraisers and volunteers.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with senior level volunteers.
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and adhering to a budget and business plan.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Experience using CRM donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience advantageous).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Current driver’s license and the ability to be covered by camp’s insurance policy.
- Ability to travel to the United States.
- In accordance with our mandate of creating a caring and safe environment for ill children and their families, we require attestation of childhood vaccinations, updated Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 for all of our staff. We also require that all staff be currently eligible to work in Canada.
- Post-Secondary education in event management and/or fundraising.
- CRFE designation.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- Experience using Engaging Networks fundraising platform and Mail Chimp email system.
- Hybrid work from home and work from open office setting, amount of time in office depends on the stage of event planning. Attendance at events indoors and outdoors is frequent in this role.
- Includes occasionally working outside for long periods of time to support event execution.
- In consideration of the population CAMPFIRE CIRCLE serves, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
- This position involves considerable evening and weekend commitments, including some overnight travel to support event execution a few times a year and some travel that requires driving through Ontario and potentially the U.S.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive annual salary range of $65,000 to $75,000, full benefits package, vacation, and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to email@example.com with the email subject reading 2022008 – SDO, Events.
This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about CAMPFIRE CIRCLE, please visit www.campfirecircle.org – No phone calls please.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to providing equitable opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment.
We are equally committed to providing an inclusive and accessible workplace. Applicants requiring accommodations to access our job postings and apply for roles with our organization are invited to reach out to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or in a manner that fits their accessibility needs, and can trust that their application will be considered equitably for our available roles. Contact information for our HR Team is located on our website at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/careers/, and more information about our accessibility commitments can be found at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/accessibility-at-campfire-circle/.
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is grateful for Indigenous communities’ stewardship of the land that we occupy—including the traditional territory of many nations including the Anishnabeg, the Chippewas, the Haudenosaunee peoples, and many other diverse First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. We aspire to be deserving stewards of the land, in partnership with them.