Senior Digital Engagement Analyst
Department or Area: ADV Marketing, Comms and DR
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada (position is eligible for a Remote Work Arrangement)
Salary: $70,352.00 – $87,295.00/Year
Hours per Week: 35
Job Type: Permanent (Continuing)
Shift: 7 Monday – Friday
Number Of Positions: 1
Date Posted: June 7, 2022
Closing Date: June 19, 2022
This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Engagement and Special Projects, the Senior Digital Engagement Analyst will apply their analytical and creative skills toward the goal of increasing philanthropy, donors, and pipeline across Queen’s University. The role is charged with using data and statistical analysis to better understand and advance different facets of the Queen’s University digital solicitation and engagement ecosystem, including but not limited to: annual and planned gift fundraising, lead generation, and stewardship. Queen’s Office of Advancement is committed to donor-centered philanthropy.
A proven strategic and analytical thinker, the Senior Digital Engagement Analyst will operate with a high degree of independence, judgement, consistency, and relationship building. They must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once, be proficient with and knowledgeable of data analysis methodology, and demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills when working with a diverse group of campus and community partners.
This role is responsible for project management of mass solicitations for the Office of Advancement, supporting campus stakeholders to develop and execute mass appeals that further Advancement and university-wide strategic goals and priorities. The incumbent prioritizes, plans, project manages, executes, and evaluates digital engagement strategy for raising maximum charitable revenues from alumni, parents, and friends through a sophisticated mass appeal program. This includes oversight of the segmentation, solicitation, tracking, and reporting.
This role works closely with the Advancement Communications and Marketing Team on lead generation, identifying new markets, and donor and alumni engagement to ensure digital engagement is part of an overall multi-channel strategy. They will develop a comprehensive testing strategy for marketing activities that will support the long-term growth of the annual and planned giving programs. As the subject matter expert, they will be responsible for process improvement, data quality, and reporting processes in support of donor engagement and recognition.
This position provides subject matter expertise and project support to identify and evaluate data requirements, and recommend strategic approaches for Advancement projects. This position centralizes, monitors, and foresees data requirements for Advancement projects. This position organizes and maintains data management tools and methods. This position coordinates and distributes data analytics requests. This position also establishes, monitors, coordinates, and oversees the data production calendar and project schedules.
The Senior Digital Engagement Analyst, in the Office of Marketing, Communications & Donor Relations (Office of Advancement):
- Provides subject matter expertise and project support to identify and evaluate data requirements, and recommend strategic approaches for Advancement projects
- Centralizes, monitors, and foresees data requirements for Advancement projects.
- Organizes and maintains data management tools and methods.
- Coordinates and distributes data/analytics requests.
- Establishes, monitors, coordinates, and oversees the data production calendar including project scheduling to ensure timely completion of data requirements.
- Develops plans and proposals.
- Conducts data proofing for all mass solicitations and provides data support for targeted philanthropic pieces and strategies.
- Prepares reports and presents findings to a variety of audiences.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Four-Year Bachelor Degree or equivalent. In addition, requires trade certification, qualification, or on-going learning to remain ahead of changes in technology or emerging fields.
- in database management preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience.
- Experience in data, trend analysis and reporting considered an asset.
- Experience in program analysis and reporting considered an asset.
- Experience in database administration/management, design and/or technologies considered an asset (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Oracle/DB2, relational databases, warehoused databases, etc.).
- Knowledge of relationship building, fundraising and stewardship considered an asset
- Experience in planning and/or managing projects considered an asset.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge of concepts and principles in a specialist field that is typically acquired through a combination of advanced professional or academic qualifications and/or significant work experience.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and consultation on highly complex issues and/or where the outcome may be contentious.
- Interaction with others requires highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively persuade, negotiate, counsel, and/or consult.
- Adapt messages to meet the different needs of different audiences.
- Prioritize and distribute work to deliver objectives on time and to the highest standard.
- Identify in advance when the intended results may not be achieved and develops a plan to address the gaps.
- Lead team and project meetings and develop team/unit and departmental project plans.
- Lead procedural or technological change within a unit or across broader university functions.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes.
- Anticipate complex challenges to ensure activities are completed on time.
- Effectively leverage relevant data as input to making decisions.
- Appropriately assess risks before making a decision.
- Comprehensive understanding of what sexual violence, harassment and discrimination are, and their varying effects on diverse members of the community.
- Question and take appropriate steps to address attitudes, macroaggressions and other behaviours which are discriminatory. Acknowledges and respects diverse cultural traditions, abilities and beliefs.
To apply to this grade 9 (salary range $70,352 – $87,295), continuing appointment visit Careers | Job Opportunities (njoyn.com) by Sunday June 19, 2022, quoting competition J0522-0806. The university thanks all who express an interest in this position and advises that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs