Senior Director, Fundraising and Consulting
WHO WE ARE
Blue North works exclusively in the social sector as a full-service fundraising agency to help nonprofits connect with donors and grow their fundraising revenue. We work with a wide variety of clients including international development, hospitals and healthcare, and missions and human services organizations across North America.
We are proud to help clients create compelling fundraising magic – and then scale it. We use data mining and insights, mass personalization tools and techniques, deep fundraising knowledge, automated communications technology and multiple channels to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We are passionate about our clients’ work and the good they want to achieve.
About the role:
Blue North is seeking a Senior Director, Fundraising and Consulting who will be responsible for setting the overarching fundraising strategies for Blue North clients. In this leadership role and reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Senior Director will provide coaching and support to internal team members so that they can continue to deliver outstanding fundraising results as we scale and grow the services that we offer to our clients. The goal is to deliver the highest quality and most effective fundraising campaigns and donor engagement programs in the industry.
Balancing a deep understanding of our programs while developing strong relationships with our team members and clients will be key to your success in this role. The successful incumbent will live and demonstrate the Blue North values, driven to provide the very best results for clients and the business and committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Provide leadership to Fundraising Strategists and Specialists, providing direction and support in the development of client fundraising strategies and campaigns
- Partner with Account Management team to establish the most effective fundraising, annual campaign and donor engagement strategies for clients
- Partner with Senior Director, Client Insights and Consulting Analysts to develop and apply data insights to drive client revenue growth
- Develop holistic annual fundraising plans for clients, including establishing targets and strategies to drive the detailed tactical plans
- Review quarterly client performance and make recommendations as required to optimize results
- Lead strategic fundraising projects for clients, including key innovation initiatives
- Oversee and evolve Blue North’s fundraising campaign service offerings to improve our ability to meet the needs of the market
- Research trends, best practices and new approaches to ensure Blue North remains a leader in the fundraising sector
- Participate in key meetings with clients as needed
You bring to the role:
- Minimum 10 years’ fundraising experience managing a variety of multi-channel campaigns with some experience in an agency setting
- 5 years’ leadership experience with a proven track record of leading, inspiring and coaching teams and individuals to achieve outstanding results
- A proven track record of fundraising success while achieving scalability and growth targets
- Expert at navigating ambiguity and a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and execution skills with the ability to influence change and effectively manage competing priorities
- Willingness to travel when required
As we grow, Blue North Strategies is committed to creating an environment where employees feel included, valued and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to do our best work and help our clients take on the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any phase of the application or recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.