Senior Director – Philanthropy Marketing
Title: Senior Director – Philanthropy Marketing
Location: Remote, Across Canada
Type of contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $ 120,128 – $175,187
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organization on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking a Senior Director – Philanthropy Marketing to join our Fund Development team.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Senior Director – Philanthropy Marketing, you will work with the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Director, Philanthropy Marketing will lead a team of 40+ to help achieve our philanthropic growth goals by leading strategic and tactical marketing, and communications for the Canadian Red Cross donor portfolio. This individual has a passion for delivering world class service experience, with the proven ability to leverage technology, data and creative to anticipate and evolve service delivery to meet the ever-changing needs of organizational supporters. They will provide strategic direction to our marketing and philanthropy operations that supports our donors and Prevention & Safety and will provide leadership to our internal operations such as research, project management, change management, training, and business improvement. Driving a culture where everyone feels welcome and belongs on the team is a strategic priority for Philanthropy. This role will provide strategic oversight on key philanthropy driven Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives while ensuring alignment with the broader organizational DEI initiatives.
As a Senior Director – Philanthropy Marketing you will:
Strategic leadership and accountability to the donor communications strategy and implementation
- Develop, establish, and execute a comprehensive marketing, communications, and plan in direct support of CRC’s philanthropic goals including:
- Develop efficient processes and capabilities to deliver high-quality proposals including compelling and accurate narratives, presentations, and other donor-focused products.
- Systematically identify strategies to attract key audiences – especially high net-worth individuals and foundations – to more effectively reach current donors, grow our donor base, and convert contacts to donors.
- Provide overall governance on donor intent and effectively communicate mission impact and ROI: deliver impact reporting and associated set of metrics in close collaboration with other teams across the organization
- Maintain trust by stewarding donor contributions:
- Increase awareness by donors of the impacts their donations have made.
- Continue matching donors based on organizational needs and their giving interests.
Strategic leadership of Red Cross philanthropy/marketing operations
- Provide oversight on the development of operational plans and budgets including external consultants and contract deliverables.
- Oversee enterprise operational frameworks and business improvement initiatives and identify and implement required changes as determined in consultation with CDO.
Governance of the Philanthropy databases and philanthropy business systems and the strategic development for Philanthropy, specifically as it relates to systems, technology, and analytics
- Direct leadership in maintaining internal controls to minimize risk and optimize quality assurance protocols.
- Analyze and report on gaps between the current and future state of business and systems environments.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Internal Communications, Project & Change Management
- Provide leadership oversight to Philanthropy’s DEI committee, working in alignment with the organizational DEI team and task force to support and foster a culture where diversity is valued, and staff feel welcomed and a strong sense of belonging within the Philanthropy team.
Human Resource and Financial Management
- Provide leadership to direct reports through coaching, mentoring, training and development opportunities, and performance management.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum qualifications for this job are a post-secondary education with background in marketing, sales, fundraising, communications or business administration.
- Minimum twelve years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and progressive leadership experience.
- Developing customer/donor services strategy experience.
- Project management and change management experience.
- Contact centre experience an asset.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in the Microsoft suite of tools including Fundraising Databases (Raisers Edge and/or Blackbaud CRM experience an asset).
- Proven successful track record in marketing, operations, financial processes, and budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including proficiency in public speaking and presentations are required.
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience in developing and analyzing business cases and opportunities.
- The majority of this work will be performed in a safe clean environment. Some travel is required.
- Hybrid working model (office and home).
- This position will require working non-traditional hours due to special Donor events, and times of disaster or appeal.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.