Senior Fundraising & Marketing Analyst
Senior Fundraising and Marketing Analyst
(This position is covered under CUPE Bargaining Unit)
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
This position joins a growing and evolving team. Reporting to the Head of Fundraising & Marketing Operations, the Senior Fundraising & Marketing Analyst collaborates with key stakeholders across Resource Development and Finance to deliver data insights that help inform strategy and business planning. This role also supports the Database Coordinator where required to ensure the integrity of data across all CRM platforms.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reporting & Analytics
- Works closely with all fundraising leads to deliver business insights on activity.
- Understands the opportunities and challenges facing fundraising teams and programs. Drives reporting and analysis to meet those needs.
- Supports stakeholders across Resource Development in monitoring program KPIs against targets and relevant benchmarks. This includes Direct Marketing (digital, face-to-face, direct mail, telemarketing, etc.), Major Giving, Planned Giving, Corporate Giving and Foundations.
- Develops and maintains performance dashboards for fundraisers.
- Manages the ongoing tracking of revenue and expense across all fundraising portfolios.
- Works with the Finance team and supports key stakeholders during monthly and quarterly reconciliation.
- Works with peers across the Save the Children movement and follows trends within the Canadian market to stay abreast of critical benchmarks in order to provide meaningful context to data insights.
- Supports Save the Children Canada’s participation in internal and external benchmarking studies.
- Generates ad hoc reports and analyses as required.
- Business Planning
- Identifies opportunities based on donor behaviour (e.g. identifies prospects for major, planned or mid-level giving; develops segmentation and data models to inform marketing strategies).
- Collaborates with stakeholders to help translate data insights into tactics.
- Develops and revises donor segmentation strategies to enhance the use of the donor database on an ongoing basis.
- Draws on data insights to identify possible revenue and audience growth opportunities across all fundraising portfolios.
- Contributes to the budget and planning process by analyzing past performance and identifying key metrics/trends that feed into planning and forecasting.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, develops data model(s) to help with budgeting and scenario-building.
- Data Quality & Processes
- Familiar with the structure and elements of all CRM platforms, proactively flagging potential gaps in data and data-related processes. Proposes corresponding solutions where appropriate.
- Supports the Database Coordinator in data cleansing and consolidation initiatives as required.
- Participates in database training and user group opportunities to keep up-to-date on data management, reporting and analytics.
- Supports user training on CRM platforms.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with databases and data analytics, preferably in a fundraising and/or marketing context
- Education, training and/or certification in a related discipline such as data analytics, computing, mathematics, statistics, business or equivalent
- Critical thinker able to interpret business needs as technical requirements; can communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and effective manner
- Technical skills should include:
- Fundraising/CRM systems knowledge and experience (Blackbaud and/or Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.)
- General knowledge and understanding of database architectures
- Knowledge of database querying languages
- Data cleansing, quality control and maintenance knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including formulae, pivot tables and charts)
- Familiarity with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Data Studio, etc.) an asset
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, ideally in a fundraising or marketing context
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising within the Canadian market, with a strong understanding of relevant KPIs and key benchmarks
- Understanding of best practices in fundraising and/or marketing and the ways in which data informs decision-making
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solver who works collaboratively to identify gaps in data, systems and processes, proactively proposing solutions
- Able to adapt to changing needs and circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities concurrently alongside ad hoc projects
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy
What We Offer
This position salary range between $70,150 – $84,180 CAD depending on skills and experience. In addition to this, our employees will have the following package of additional benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your dependents available in three months after employment.
- Hybrid workplace, and flexible work hours to support employee wellbeing and productivity.
- Coordinated benefits for your partner paid by Save the Children Canada.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program services available to you and your dependents from your first day of employment.
- Discounted rate for a GoodLife membership.
- Organization-wide membership with Headspace.
- 3 weeks of annual leave.
- In addition to annual leave, we offer a December 24 – January 1 office closure (SAVE Days) so we can all recharge simultaneously.
- Paid sick leave, float day and personal days
- Parental Leave Top Up
- Employer contributions to group pension plan
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training.
We are committed to a transparent recruitment process with approximate timelines for the various stages in the process so that you can plan and manage expectations as you navigate your job search.
- Application collection: February 17, 2023 and onwards
- Preliminary Discussions with Human Resources: Week of March 10, 2023
- Interviews with the Hiring Manager & Hiring Panel: TBD
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this position, please visit https://www.savethechildren.ca/ and submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501 ext. 262.