Senior Fundraising Specialist
WHO WE ARE
Blue North works exclusively in the social sector as a full-service fundraising agency to help nonprofits connect with donors and grow their fundraising revenue. We work with a wide variety of clients including international development, hospitals and healthcare, and missions and human services organizations across North America.
We are proud to help clients create compelling fundraising magic – and then scale it. We use data mining and insights, mass personalization tools and techniques, deep fundraising knowledge, automated communications technology and multiple channels to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We are passionate about our clients’ work and the good they want to achieve.
About the role:
Blue North is an expert when it comes to successfully leading high-impact fundraising initiatives for organizations. The role of Senior Fundraising Specialist is to work alongside the Chief Growth Officer to provide thought and practice leadership to support these fundraising efforts, acting as the expert when it comes to fundraising and direct marketing consulting.
As the fundraising expert and working in the senior capacity, this role will provide mentorship and coaching to more junior members of the team, having experience in digital and direct response fundraising and with donor engagement. Ensuring our solutions evolve to remain a leader in the sector, the Senior Fundraising Specialist delivers exceptional results for our clients.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Lead Blue North’s multi-channel fundraising offerings by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to enhance and evolve our current offerings to clients
- Investigate and look for new and innovative ways of diversifying our offerings to clients in both digital and direct marketing, putting forth recommendations to senior leadership
- Identify cross-collaboration opportunities and work with the Account, Digital, and Project Delivery teams to brainstorm opportunities for the company and clients, exploring new possibilities and ways of doing things to create an even greater impact for clients
- Establish goals and plan campaign calendars with clients, ensuring that all campaigns are well-structured with clear goals and a well-defined process to measure success
- Collaborate with account and project delivery teams to develop inspiring, high-impact campaign creative briefs
- Collaborate with various internal teams on campaign strategy, multi-channel strategies, tactics, and execution, documenting strategic directions for campaigns to help inform clients and the business
- Develop successful acquisition campaigns across channels with an emphasis on direct mail; this includes direction across all aspects of the approach, including collaboration with experts in list selection and data processing
- Develop testing ideas driven by client results and general market insights
- Consult on donor behaviour and segmented audience treatment strategies
- Drive data requirements as needed to support core campaign strategy and testing methodology
- Research trends, best practices, and new approaches to ensure Blue North remains a leader in the sector
- Act as a fundraising champion within Blue North to develop fundraising expertise and skills, ensuring the best results are brought to our clients
You bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in fundraising and multi-channel direct marketing
- Proven track record of successfully growing and managing direct fundraising programs, including direct mail and digital, for medium to large non-profit organizations
- Skilled at collaborating with stakeholders at all levels to achieve results and identify new opportunities for growth both internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively coach and mentor team members to achieve success
- Ability to drive exceptional results for clients to ensure their success and ability to increase their impact and effectiveness with their work
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to successfully build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A results-focused self-starter with strong problem-solving skills to create innovative and creative solutions for clients
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to see the bigger picture to support the business with its growth initiatives and focus on innovation
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation would be considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel for client meetings throughout the year within the US and Canada
As we grow, Blue North Strategies is committed to creating an environment where employees feel included, valued and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to do our best work and help our clients take on the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any phase of the application or recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.