Senior Giving Officer
SENIOR GIVING OFFICER
LOCATION: REMOTE (CANADA)
Do you have a passion for personal giving and helping donors achieve the impact they want to have on the world? Do you strive to exceed expectations every day in every way? Do you want to work for an organization that acknowledges the importance of work-life balance? If this is you, read on!
Operation Smile Canada is seeking a proven development professional to join our dynamic team of accomplished fundraisers.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced working environment where you are not afraid to take initiative. You are self-disciplined and organized with the ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion. You love putting smiles on people’s faces and are skilled at anticipating needs, solving problems, and delivering results.
We are a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free surgery and complete care to repair cleft lip, cleft palate, and other facial differences for children and young adults. Active in over 35 countries around the world, we exist to make sure everyone receives the safe surgery and complete care they need (through our comprehensive care centres) wherever they live in the world.
Through our medical and education programs around the world and guided by our Medical Global Standards, we are at the forefront of enabling local communities in low- and middle-income countries to provide safe surgery because we believe access to safe surgery is a basic right.
Operation Smile Canada is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a qualified workforce. By valuing diversity, OSCF commits to hiring practices that are fair, equitable, and accessible and will always hire the most qualified candidate for a position. We will ensure the search and hiring process is fair and impartial, so the appropriate qualifications of each candidate are the only criteria upon which a hiring decision is made. For more information, check us out at: www.operationsmile.ca.
As Senior Giving Officer you will be responsible for maintaining an assigned philanthropy partner portfolio. Your primary responsibility is to plan and execute major gifts strategies and solicit partners directly for multi-year commitments.
As part of a national team, you bring a history of successfully working with colleagues and partners remotely. You will be responsible for a portfolio of partner relationships and will be required to travel and participate in in-person meetings when it is safe to do so.
YOUR KEY FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build relationships with Operation Smile Canada donor partners and prospective partners to secure gifts in support of our programs
- Identify, cultivate and directly solicit prospective partners
- Participate in Philanthropy Team strategy, prospect review, and pipeline management meetings
- Connect with partners through phone calls, in-person visits, and personal correspondence
- Work with the team to build proposals, pitch decks, gift agreements, reports, and other written correspondence
- Administer and steward each gift according to the donor’s wishes including creating individual stewardship plans and customized reporting
- Identifies opportunities for increased partner engagement (including Planned Giving)
- Meticulously update and maintain donor database (Raiser’s Edge / RE NXT) records in a timely manner including recording all donor contacts, actions, and proposals
- Other duties as required
YOUR SKILLS AND TRAITS
You are an established professional who applies creativity in developing and planning out strategic moves for each of your donor relationships. An active listener and overall effective communicator, the best part of your day is speaking with or meeting with donors.
You are self-motivated and can set priorities and manage multiple projects and tight timelines. You work well independently and are committed to continuous improvement. You are results-oriented, setting goals for yourself and working to surpass them. While you have an action plan for each day and each meeting, you are flexible and adaptable in order to respond to donor needs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- A combination of education and relevant work experience
- Successful track-record in one-on-one donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Ability to organize time efficiently and effectively, allowing for significant interface with donors and prospects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners and build long-term relationships
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Experience relating to people in diverse contexts, projecting warmth and sincerity in relationship building and fundraising
- High level of initiative, maturity, and diplomacy; excellent judgment and discretion
- Exceptional aptitude for digital technologies including video conferencing, social media, and Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential
- Experience using donor or CRM databases is a must. Raiser’s Edge knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of prospect research tools and techniques. IWave experience an asset
- Sound knowledge of laws, practices, and philosophy of charitable giving
- Clear understanding of and strict adherence to ethical fundraising standards
- Dedicated workspace with reliable internet service is a must
- The ability to travel and provide own transportation as required
- Flexibility to work the occasional evening or weekend day as required
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
- We wake up each day knowing there are children born every three minutes with a cleft condition somewhere in the world. As a team focused on a global strategy to ensure every child who needs surgery and care is never left behind, we set smart goals and work hard each day to achieve them so we can deliver greater impact (and smiles) to children, families, and the communities we serve
- We aspire to be a learning organization that values each other and our collective abilities to meet and exceed expectations in everything we do
- We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively
SALARY & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- The salary range for this position is $88,000 – $98,000, including paid vacation time
- A highly competitive benefits package including an RRSP matching program
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter (together as one PDF document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title: Senior Giving Officer
Address your cover letter to: Kristy Rousseau National Director of Philanthropy Operation Smile Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE Friday, March 18, 2022
Operation Smile Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Operation Smile Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling – a child is counting on it