United Way Greater Toronto
Senior Lead, Major Individual Giving
Posted On: December 9, 2022
Closing On: January 6, 2023
Employment Type: fulltime
Salary Range: 109,000-121,000
Senior Lead, Major Individual Giving (MIG)
(2 open positions)
United Way Greater Toronto is looking for an experienced Senior Lead, MIG to join our team at our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Donor Relations, the Senior Lead, Major Individual Giving is responsible for leading the strategies, plans and activities for major giving and lead the team responsible for this work.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with Director, Individual Donor Relations (IDR), and other Senior Leads, develop, and lead major giving strategies for annual and multi-year growth
- Lead strategies and tactics of major giving activities, including the donor cycle; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects
- Lead, coach, and mentor a high performing team of fundraisers to achieve their portfolio, annual objectives, and professional development goals
- Work with other Senior Leads to ensure consistency in fundraising strategies, consistency of messaging, development of team learning and professional development plans
- Manage high net worth donors and prospects within a rigorous discovery, cultivation, and solicitation process
- Plan donor touchpoints that result in enhanced relationships and increased financial commitment to United Way’s community-building work
- Prepare written materials associated with management of donors and prospects (e.g. development of proposals, financial illustrations of gift vehicles, progress/stewardship reports on projects funded and general correspondence)
- In collaboration with the Director IDR, plan and implement the activities of the Major Giving Cabinet and act as staff partner to volunteers on the Cabinet
- Implement the Reconciliation and Equity Action Plan strategies for major giving to develop more inclusive philanthropic strategies
- Drive the development of major giving collateral and collaborate with Donor Experience & Marketing on the design of stewardship and recognition vehicles to support donors
- Lead the goal setting and fundraising tracking for the major giving team and provide input to the development of overall goals for the fundraising campaign
- Direct the effective integration of all team activities with the overall donor relations program
- Participate as a member of the Donor Relations & Marketing department and organizational management teams
- Maximize the use of the CRM and other fundraising tool to implement and facilitate fundraising plans against major gift prospects and donors
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a major gift in fundraising with a significant amount of experience in major and individual giving
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to forge and maintain long standing donor and volunteer relationships
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of high value donors and solicit major gifts
- Experience leading and coaching a team, and managing senior volunteer relationships
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population
- Willingness to actively contribute to the organizational Reconciliation and Equity Plan through participation in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Experience implementing inclusive philanthropy strategies
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, facilitation and training sessions
- Proven organizational abilities; ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Experience with donor databases, leading projects, and common computer applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Ability to travel within the Greater Toronto Area and attend event occasionally early in the morning, evenings, and weekends
Does this sound like you? Show us your Local Love. Come and do great work at United Way Greater Toronto!
Please apply no later than January 6, 2023.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.