Senior Manager, Annual Campaigns & Operations
SALARY RANGE: $82,000-$92,000 (commensurate with experience)
BENEFITS: Stella’s Place offers a generous health and vacation package from day 1, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision health benefits, 3 weeks vacation, professional development opportunities and 15 health days annually. Vacation increases after one year of service
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
LOCATION: Toronto (hybrid 3-days in office)
Do you want to be part of an organization that is working to lift up community by improving the mental health outcomes of young adults? Are you interested in developing and strengthening our society through, equity-driven, peer-led, evidence-based programming that empowers young adults experiencing negative mental health outcomes to take control of their own mental health? Come join us.
At Stella’s Place our Snr. Manager, Annual Campaigns & Operations is an important leader within our organization, supporting vulnerable young adults experiencing negative mental health challenges.
You are an energetic, curious and engaged fundraiser with an eye for detail and a passion for social equity, inclusion and the future as shaped by healthy and engaged young adults.
We are Stella’s Place, a privately funded and unique treatment and assessment centre with an approach to healing which focuses on lived experience, peer support and a co-creation model that includes young adults – a proven strategy for success. A recently completed $14-million capital campaign has resulted in a state-of-the-art program facility in downtown Toronto.
Our visionary organization is ready for the next stage of its evolution as one of Canada’s leading mental health facilities for young adults, raising $4-5M+ annually to sustain our vision, mission and innovative program model.
We seek a Snr. Manager, Annual Campaigns & Operations, a new role that will work closely alongside the Chief Development Officer to raise increased annual funds, develop annual appeals, oversee and create efficiencies in development system tools and work with the DCO to operationally prepare the development department for future growth.
This multi-faceted role is ideal for a leader interested in bringing their expertise to a smaller organization with a big future. You will bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm and innovation to a highly respected agency ready to take its annual and other fundraising programs to the next level.
The successful candidate will develop and lead all annual fundraising activities for gifts, driving the acquisition and managing the stewarding of annual donors.
This Management role will help form and supervise the Annual Campaigns Team of three, including two Development Officers, Annual and Mid-Level Giving, and the Officer, Design & Digital Media, who will oversee marketing outreach efforts. They mentor and/or collaborate with all members of the development team. They collaborate with the other departments and oversee contracted supports as needed.
Operationally, this role ensures that quality standards are adhered to for all fundraising activities, including oversight and direction of general administration, budgeting Annual Campaign, gift processing, oversight of the CRM database and its reports, and oversight of licensed tools for development support. They will support a database migration from Donor Perfect to Raiser’s Edge in summer 2024, with support from an external supplier.
Annual Campaign Fundraising & Donor Engagement (55%)
- Set and achieve annual fundraising targets leveraging digital campaigns to attract and retain general/unsolicited/renewal annual donations, attract new mid-level and legacy donors; and promote tribute campaigns. (Approx 400+ donors, at present)
- Oversee Monthly Acquisitions Campaign
- Oversea DM campaign
- Lead, manage and actively engage in the stewardship of annual and mid-level donors to foster positive and enduring relationships.
- In consultation with the CDO create Direct Mail and digital moves-management strategies to move donors up in their giving journey
- Oversee Monthly Donor’s Campaigns
- Implement and Oversee the Thanking strategy
- Oversee and make recommendations on use and acquisition of automation tools for mass personalization
- Monitor outcomes and measure the performance of campaigns, driving improvements; provide progress reports, report on trends and identify new strategies.
Digital Communications as it supports Annual Campaign Execution– 15%
- Create an Appeals calendar, combining financial targets to stewardship emails, newsletters, event invitations and guest lists, holiday cards and tribute notifications, and building the list of newsletter subscribers.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of the organization’s website and social media accounts and content as led by the Officer, Design & digital. Note that audits for all communication platforms are underway, to create a structured path forward.
- Manage and update our presence on third-party fundraising platforms ex. a.k.a Raisin, Canada Helps, Race Roster, PayPal Giving Fund, Benevity, etc.
Reporting and Database Administration– 15%
- Lead database administration, including its architecture and functionality. Provide database support to other team members as required.
- Update the donor management database and tracking systems, performing data manipulation processes as needed.
- Track gift agreements and support finance with audit requests.
- Prepare fundraising reports and performance KPIs for all revenue streams as directed by CDO.
- Prepare donor recognition listings for annual reports, website, digital donor lists and digital wall.
- Oversee the maintenance, updates and troubleshoot the onsite digital donor wall.
Database Administration (10%)
- Lead gift processing (mainly automated for under 2K gifts per year) according to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Guidelines, prepping manual tax receipts as needed (x per year), and reconciling event revenue.
- Liaise with Finance Manager on monthly bank reconciliations, and departmental budget as needed.
- Manage operational contracts, licenses and relationships with suppliers/consultants, including expenditure oversight.
- Maintain fundraising software, liase with tech staff; supervise database suppliers and the occasional database volunteer.
- Train and supervise Development staff in database contact and pledge upkeep.
Other Duties as Needed (5%)
- Participate actively as a member of an integrated development team; engage positively with other stakeholder groups, and cultivate strong professional relationships with members of other departments.
- Assist in other duties as assigned in advancing the goals of the development team and Stella’s Place.
- 5+ years with a charitable/not-for-profit organization, managing annual fundraising programs and/or fundraising operations, plus 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- CRM database skills: Raiser’s Edge NXT, Donor Perfect, (experience with Crystal Reports as well as DonorPerfect and akaRaisin is an asset)
- Experience with CRM query building, database importing and exporting (Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT is an asset)
- Strong Digital Mail skills: Experience with Mail Chimp or Constant Contact an asset
- Strong computer literacy: Google Office (excellent Excel skills, Gmail, sheets) PowerPoint
- Deadline and results-oriented, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers, and connect with donors
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and AODA legislation, welcome
- Database Conversion Experience an asset
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter outlining your interest in working with Stella’s Place along with a detailed CV to email@example.com. Please include the subject: Snr. Manager, Annual Campaigns and Operations, by December 15, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest.