Senior Manager, Annual Giving
Senior Manager, Annual Giving
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position the Senior Manager, Annual Giving will be reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Philanthropy.
The Senior Manager, Annual Giving oversees all aspects of the Annual Giving portfolio (including mid-level giving, monthly giving, direct mail, telemarketing, unsolicited gifts (online and offline), and tribute giving) and all relevant tactics. The incumbent is the organization’s in-house expert on mass market fundraising and leads integrated strategy development for the programs within the Annual Giving portfolio and strategic recommendations for integration of revenue generation offers throughout Parkinson Canada programs and properties.
A key revenue driver for the organization, the Senior Manager, Annual Giving is responsible for meeting fundraising targets and performance metrics within the portfolio and to act as the chief liaison between these programs, the marketing team, and the broader organization. This role focuses on contributing to a healthy development pipeline through intentional efforts to feed the moves management process from annual giving programs and contributions to the constituent journey.
There will be one direct report for this position.
Parkinson Canada’s Marketing and Philanthropy Department is an integrated department focused on presenting opportunities for stakeholders to engage with and sustain the organization. The department promotes the programs and services of the organization in the best interests of Canadians with Parkinson’s, connecting people to programs, education, and people to empower them to live well with Parkinson’s. This is a high-functioning, cohesive team that puts the donor at the centre of everything we do and presents opportunities for supporters at all levels to play a role in transforming the lives of Canadians with Parkinson’s.
- Developing strategy, crafting design, and executing all campaigns as part of the plan for annual giving portfolio.
- Collaborate with departmental colleagues to deliver integrated communication strategy across all channels and appeals.
- Track revenue and expenses across entire program and ensure these meet approved budgets.
- Management of all staff and vendor projects required to fulfill the annual direct mail campaign and other annual giving components.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship and Leadership Giving Officer in developing and managing a strong mid-level giving program and delivering additional stewardship programs.
- Develop strong, donor-centered messages for use in all areas of their portfolio and advise colleagues on how to integrate this messaging across the board.
- Contribute to customer journey strategy, developing relevant segmented communications.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Strong fundraising and direct marketing background gained through more than 5 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector and relevant Post‐Secondary Education.
- Experience working with external vendors and proactively managing their performance, including editing their work and providing appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Experience developing an annual giving donor base, including the planning and execution of relevant outbound communication pieces.
- Demonstrated Financial Management Skills including development and oversight of annual budgets.
- Experience developing donor stewardship plans and guiding donor journeys.
- Excellent working knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices, and CRA regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including clear articulation of strategy and concepts.
- Advanced computer literacy with familiarity with all Microsoft Office products and various fundraising databases, including Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online.
- Good eye for creative content creation and the ability to identify donor centered stories that motivate the reader to take action.
- A strategic thinker with proven data analysis and reporting skills, experienced in interpreting and acting on campaign result learnings.
- Able to segment large database and assign appropriate targets & tactics to achieve campaign goals.
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills, and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence, along with starting salary expectations to:
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #[SMDRS-0922]
Parkinson Canada has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required prior to commencement of employment.
Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.