Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations
Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations
Are you looking for a career with a purpose? Do you want to be part of an adaptable, high-performance culture that reflects your values and commitment to community? If so, we have the right challenge for you!
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Donor Relations, the Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations will develop goals and plans for a portfolio of high value accounts and to lead a team to implement fundraising strategies and achieve revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and grow mutually beneficial partnerships with a mixed portfolio of high-value and other accounts and with the anticipation of primarily raising significant unrestricted funds for United Way’s Community Investment priorities
- Collaborate with internal departments to plan and execute multi-year account plans, including Major & Individual Gifts, Leadership Gifts, Operations, Marketing and Communications
- Assist in selection, recruitment and development of senior volunteers and support the orientation and training of volunteers
- Lead and coach a cohesive and effective team of fundraisers and support staff to achieve common goals and financial results
- Assist in coaching team in the development of consultative selling and relationship building skills
- Manage sector and account plans to ensure critical fundraising processes and business objectives for the workplace campaign are successfully executed
- Coordinate fundraising with broader United Way team, ensuring integration of work across functions as appropriate
- Monitor and analyze weekly fundraising activities and reports tracking: volunteer recruiting, donor and workplace calls and financial results
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the constituent relationship management system
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5 -10 years’ of fundraising experience or sales experience in a non-profit or charitable organization
- College diploma or certificate in fundraising, university undergraduate degree, or equivalent work-related experience in fundraising, sales or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong people manager with proven experience managing and coaching a team of direct reports
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills, including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of constituents
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, particularly in handling issues arising with corporate partners and cross-organizational project alignment, roles and responsibilities
- Willingness to actively contribute to the organizational equity framework through participation in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow long-standing constituent relationships
- Track record of being highly adaptable to work with changing priorities
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including other staff, active volunteers, and donors
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex issues creatively and effectively
- Strong computer and software skills
Does this sound like you? Show us your Local Love. Come and do great work at United Way Greater Toronto! Please apply no later than April 3, 2023.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.