Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement
Soulpepper Theatre is searching for a highly collaborative new colleague to join our Development Team. The ideal candidate is a natural relationship builder, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is passionate about the role the arts can play in community-building and social good.
Working closely with Executive leadership, the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement is an integral part of the Development Team, which is jointly responsible for securing over $5 million annually from a variety of funding sources. Highly motivated and creative, this role interfaces with the larger Soulpepper artistic and administrative teams to grow and deepen the culture of philanthropy at the organization. Soulpepper is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded individual with fresh insights who will drive revenue growth by strategically leading the development of new corporate partnerships and strengthening existing relationships. If you are interested in being part of the transformative growth opportunities underway at Soulpepper, we invite you to submit your application.
In this full-time permanent position, the successful candidate will be responsible for building high-touch, long-term relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective corporate partners. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written communications, and the ability to develop compelling case-building messaging that thoughtfully articulates the funding need and partnership alignment, with a focus on delivering stewardship and engagement opportunities that build these relationships and strengthen shared values and goals. The Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement will lead and oversee the Department’s operational objectives and administrative responsibilities related to corporate giving. Mentoring one direct report, this role also interfaces with the Board Development Committee and the Board at large, as well as the Executive and Artistic Director to achieve the Department’s targets and goals.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Director of Partnerships and Development, and Executive Leadership Team to develop and implement a corporate business strategy that supports organizational and development objectives through financial support, in-kind contributions, and other strategic partnerships;
- Lead in concept development of new and existing corporate funding opportunities to leverage the organizations offerings and assets including creative strategies, proposals, case for support, activations, outcome measurements and evaluations, and success stories for funder reports;
- Drive revenue growth by identifying and cultivating new corporate partnerships, including the number of multi-year commitments, in concert with support from the Board of Directors and Executive team;
- Develop strong relationships with existing corporate partners, keeping apprised of their ESA priorities, business commitments, and opportunities to deepen relationships;
- Oversee recognition and benefit fulfillment including corporate entertaining events in conjunction with cross-functional teams;
- Drive annual Gala fundraiser including sponsorships and corporate sales;
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department on the gathering of data and production of assets and other related collateral;
- Work closely with all departments to ensure external communication and stakeholder engagement are consistent and effective;
- Mentor and supervise direct reports, working collaboratively to meet targets and goals;
- Oversee departmental administrative responsibilities as it relates to corporate funders in the areas of tracking, reporting and documentation of donor and prospect activities and benefits in Tessitura database, donations processing, fundraising reporting and analysis;
- Attend select Soulpepper performances, receptions and events as required to develop relationships with donors and patrons;
- Other duties as required.
CANDIDATE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The successful candidate should have the following knowledge and skills:
- 4-6 years of broad-based experience in corporate/foundation philanthropy sector of fundraising, including special event management;
- Proven record in partnership development, client account management, and closing sponsorships and gifts of $50,000 or more;
- Experience with Board relations and working with executive volunteers;
- Highly motivated creative and strategic thinker with superior interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Exceptional writer and editor;
- Experience working with cross-functional, collaborative, and inclusive teams;
- Superior organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to work independently, multi-task and manage tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint and Excel software;
- Understanding and familiarization with fundraising management software, ideally Tessitura;
- Thorough knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising practices and principles, and CRA legislation regarding fundraising and charitable giving.
- Performs most duties in a regular office environment with some flexibility for remote working.
- Must be available to work regular office ours however, due to the nature of the performing arts environment, some work may occur outside of regular office hours including evenings and weekends.
- Salary of $70,000-$80,000
- 15 vacation days, 5 paid sick days and 5 personal days
- Health and dental benefits
Soulpepper Theatre Company’s (Soulpepper) vision is to share vital stories that connect us all. We deliver on that mission by producing a year-round season of over 500 events, including plays, concerts, musicals, festivals, and presentations. programs such as our Soulpepper Academy, City Youth Academy, Summer Mixtape and Curtain Up program. Led by Executive Director, Gideon Arthurs and Artistic Director, Weyni Mengesha, Soulpepper’s home is the Young Centre for the Performing Arts situated in the historic Distillery District in Corktown in downtown Toronto.
HOW TO APPLY
Soulpepper is an organization committed to pursuing Radical Inclusion that is building a program and organization where everyone’s experience is both valued and reflected. Applicants of all experience levels are welcome to apply.
Soulpepper invites candidates who may require assistance during the application/ hiring process, to let us know and we will work with them to meet their needs.
Soulpepper thanks all candidates for their interest, however we will only contact those selected for interviews.
|Please e-mail resume and cover letter detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization by February 16, 2023|
Please quote ‘Corporate Engagement” on the subject line when applying by email.