Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement
Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement
Location: Toronto office (hybrid or full-time)
Salary: $80,000 – $90,000 + Benefits
For more than 120 years, BGC Canada (formerly Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada) has been creating opportunities for millions of Canadian kids and teens. As Canada’s largest child and youth serving charitable and community services organization, our Clubs open their doors to young people of all ages and their families at 736 locations nationwide. During out-of-school hours in small and large cities, and rural and Indigenous communities, our trained staff and volunteers provide programs and services that help young people realize positive outcomes in self-expression, academics, healthy living, physical activity, job readiness, mental health, social development, leadership, and more. We know that creating opportunities for young people helps them overcome barriers—and that was the driving force behind our recent No. More. Barriers campaign.
In March 2021, after thorough consultation and research, Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada rebranded to BGC Canada. The new brand removed gender from our name and echoes the inclusive practices we’re known for without straying too far from our history and national brand awareness. It also embraces the fact that we serve young people of all ages, backgrounds, and identities. Our doors are open to all kids and teens and our name reflects that. Watch our Meet BGC video.
This is your opportunity to grow professionally and enjoy working with a progressive, high performance team at Canada’s largest child and youth service federation. You can play a vital role on the Fund Development team, establishing and managing a robust portfolio of funding partnerships, primarily in the corporate sector. As a dynamic and seasoned fundraising professional, you will cultivate, solicit, and steward our growing roster of corporate partners. BGC Canada welcomes candidates from racialized and equity-deserving communities. Our Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity policy isn’t just words – we live it daily. See our EDI policy here: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion | BGC Canada
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Engagement, the Senior Manager will work as part of our highly nimble Fund Development team, which operates in a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment. The incumbent will work to secure support from major corporations, lead the execution of partnership agreements, and take an active role in collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to support all fundraising efforts to further the mission of BGC Clubs across the country.
While the role will primarily focus on business development and building new relationships, the Senior Manager will also manage a small portfolio of partners focused on retention, stewardship, annual reporting, acknowledgement, and recognition, and support others on the Fund Development team in the oversight and management of their portfolios.
Focused on the successful implementation of the corporate partnership strategy, the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement plays a leading role in driving revenue generation and elevating BGC Canada’s fundraising to the next level. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate, maintain and grow relationships with prospective and current corporate partners
- Ensure corporate partners are engaged and their channels for customer and employee engagement are maximized for revenue generation
- Identify, qualify, and maintain a national corporate partnership prospect list
- Work in collaboration with the communications and marketing team and national programs team to ensure alignment of all messaging for promotion of consumer campaigns and alignment of programmatic deliverables
- Act as a liaison to member Clubs for knowledge sharing about fundraising principles and practices
You are relationship-driven, team-oriented, high energy, and always thinking about the next opportunities. You also know how to successfully steward existing relationships and ensure they remain as rewarding for our partners as they are for us. You have a solid track record of working with corporate partners in securing six-figure gifts and sponsorships. Skilled at building new relationships and finding creative partnership solutions, you think and act strategically. You are also great at preparing and presenting pitches and writing grant proposals. Behind the scenes, you are a great partner to all our internal teams, with an excellent track record of cross-functional cooperation and collaboration. You bring experience in planning, coordination and the execution of corporate fundraising and/or donor recognition events and marketing campaigns.
Other Positive Attributes
- A friendly demeanor, a positive attitude and a team-oriented approach
- Experience in the full spectrum of corporate partnerships
- French language skills are a strong asset
- Very strong presentation and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to write/speak clearly and persuasively
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent strategic planning, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to build relationships and facilitate deliverables with senior executives, associates at all levels, volunteers, community partners, and donors
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with some working knowledge of Salesforce (preference)
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to BGC values, which can be found here: Mission & Vision | BGC Canada
To submit your application by May 9, 2022, please visit https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues when applying? Please email email@example.com
Questions about the position? Contact Ann Armstrong, Senior Search Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-261-3566 to discuss and to request a detailed position profile.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. BGC Canada is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2S & LGBTQIA+ persons, and any other persons from diverse backgrounds. We offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process, upon request.