Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Toronto, ON)
Employment Status: Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
Salary band: $ 84,218 – 105,272 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnership to join its team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will collaborate with the Director, Corporate Partnerships and will work as a member of the national Philanthropy team to support the development and management of the Corporate Partnerships program, as well as lead a team of direct reports based in Ontario and Atlantic Canada. The incumbent will maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors in support of the channel budgeted annual revenue goals defined in the Operating Plan. The incumbent evaluates and manages, goals and performance of direct reports. The incumbent will also assist in the execution and monitoring progress of channel strategy and operational objectives as set by the Director and Philanthropy leadership team.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1: Team Management
- Supports and promotes a team culture of trust, openness, collaborative, accountable, results oriented, innovation, and growth mindset.
- Accountable for timely and accurate submission of corporate due diligence screening package for direct reports.
- Provides ongoing feedback, conducts performance reviews.
- Provides guidance, coaching and oversight in areas of corporate donor/prospect strategy, relationship management and solicitation.
- Manages and evaluates monthly financial, Blackbaud CRM and pipeline management objectives.
- Monitors and provides monthly analysis of pipeline and finance variance reporting.
- Recruits, onboards and trains new channel staff.
- Supports professional development.
Responsibility 2: Planning, Evaluation and Execution
- In coordination with the Director, supports planning, evaluation, and execution of annual business plans for Eastern Canada.
- In coordination with the Director, supports planning, evaluation, and execution of channel operational objectives.
- Provides recommendations and adjustments to Director on channel performance to ensure success.
- Supports channel budget planning, analysis and forecasts; maintains close control of revenue and expenses throughout the year.
- Monitors and supports corporate prospect clearance, research, and pipeline channel functions.
Responsibility 3: Corporate Fundraising
- Develops and manages pipeline of core and complex corporate prospects and partners to meet annual revenue targets, including unrestricted, programs, appeals and campaign(s).
- Establishes and executes cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship “moves management” strategies to maximize donation and sponsorship revenue growth.
- In consultation with internal stakeholders, manages the delivery of customized funding proposals, gift agreements and reporting materials for core and complex corporate relationships.
- Plays leadership role during domestic and international emergency appeals, ensuring a best-in-class experience realized through customer and employee facing activations as required for corporate donors.
- Prepares recommendations and briefs for philanthropy leadership on corporate prospects and key relationships in support of executive solicitations and meetings.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders across Philanthropy on joint cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of relationship and revenue activity in CRM.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are post secondary education and seven years of relevant fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional fundraising results and managing high performance teams.
- Strong business acumen, with experience in performance and data analysis.
- Planning, project management, administrative leadership, human resources, and financial management
- Ability to bring multiple stakeholders together to understand project deliverables.
- Exceptional proposal writing with demonstrated track record of delivering fundraising results.
- Knowledge of philanthropy best practices, sector trends and familiarity with donor-centred fundraising
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of proficiency and experience with fundraising software, preferably Blackbaud and/or other CRM system.
- Proven productivity and collaboration computer skills including Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
- CFRE, ACFRE or FAHP certification is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a collaborative approach and actively promotes cross-channel collaboration with a willingness to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-directed and a high achiever within an integrated management structure are critical.
- Proactive approach with strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills by defusing high-tension situations effectively.
- Commitment to confidentiality, discretion with sensitive and highly confidential information, and compliance with professional, legal, and ethical guidelines related to fundraising and supervision of direct reports.
- Patience, diplomacy, and sensitivity to donors’ concerns are essential.
- Experience in working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues is a definite asset.
- Commitment to professional development with an ability to apply learnings into day-to-day responsibilities and deliverables.
- Constantly alert to opportunities to position or reposition CRC to capitalize on opportunities.
- Ability to think big picture and apply an “enterprise-wide” mindset to strategy and implementation.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, national environment with multiple conflicting demands, ambiguity, adapt quickly in changing circumstances and is comfortable with “managing in the grey”.
- Create, align, and translate vision and strategies into concrete and cohesive plans that align daily work with vision and directions of the Philanthropy operational objectives.
- Leads and fosters open dialogue and collaboration across the organization to drive alignment and interdependence.
- Foster and integrate continuous improvement and innovation in everything we do.
- Keep people “in the know” about what is happening in the business.
- Domestic travel is a regular part of the job. Current driver’s license, use of a car, and a satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours to meet travel and other commitments and during times of a disaster response and/or appeal.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.