SENIOR MANAGER, DIGITAL AND ACQUISITION MARKETING
Toronto / full-time, temporary (18 months)
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote / work from home until further notice. We are about our team and community, and are closely monitoring the evolving situation. CAMH Foundation will continue to make the health and safety of our team a top priority.
Hi! I’m Trina Klinck, Director of Integrated Marketing at CAMH Foundation. If you are interested in helping mobilize a growing mental health movement by inspiring investment in a future where mental health is health, please read on! This opportunity plays a critical role in our growth – through digital strategy, great people leadership and strong fundraising/business acumen.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds in support of CAMH. Its role is to help transform the way we understand and address mental illness by raising awareness and increasing engagement across the country. Generous and dedicated supporters help CAMH advance discovery and innovation, build spaces that promote recovery, and break down the stigma of mental illness.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. With a dedicated staff of more than 3,000 physicians, clinicians, researchers, educators and support staff, CAMH offers outstanding clinical care to more than 34,000 patients each year. The organization conducts ground-breaking research, provides expert training to health care professionals and scientists, develops innovative health promotion and prevention strategies, and advocates on public policy issues at all levels of government.
The Integrated Marketing team exists to bring all our campaigns to market in a strategic, effective way. By joining this team, you will contribute to a collaborative and skilled team of people, actively leading our efforts to acquire new donors and leverage our digital properties to do so.
The Senior Manager, Digital and Acquisition Marketing is responsible for the digital and mass donor acquisition programs at CAMH, driving to our long-term strategic goal for acquiring 100,000 active donors. Additionally, they are a key member of the broader marketing team, supporting the delivery of our award-winning brand campaigns, specifically responsible for the related acquisition and digital components.
Reporting to the Director, Integrated Marketing, the individual who fills this position plays an instrumental role on the Integrated Marketing Team as a strong people leader, team player and collaborator. The ideal candidate will have a ‘roll up their sleeves’ attitude as the expectation is that they will be lean is as a doer, in addition to project manager or coach.
The initial focus will be on delivering the activities in play for the most critical part of our fiscal year. This includes involvement in our brand campaign, our signature peer-to-peer event, leadership of our monthly giving acquisition program and oversight of our digital properties. At six months, the focus will expand to include strategic planning; recommending innovation for growth for the coming fiscal. Reporting into this role is the Development Associate, Acquisition Marketing; the current individual in this role has deep experience in face-to-face donor acquisition.
It is an exciting time at CAMH Foundation and this role will be at the forefront of driving the mental health movement, with exposure up and across the Foundation team.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Delivering Brand Campaign Digital and Acquisition Efforts:
- Provide creative input from an acquisition perspective on paid media and web properties (camh.ca, donation forms)
- Working with our media partner, provide oversight of paid media; execution through monitoring weekly performance.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Donor Activations, develop acquisition strategy and messaging during key giving times.
- Working with the Development Associate, Acquisition Marketing, lead integration of brand campaign messaging and creative for active acquisition campaigns.
- Delivering Lead and Donor Acquisition Efforts:
- Deliver programs/strategies to acquire and convert mass leads to mass donors, including:
- Digital lead generation program
- Lead conversion program
- With direct report, management of monthly giving face-to-face acquisition program.
- Achieve seven figure revenue and expense targets related to the above.
- Lead on relationships with external creative agencies/freelancers to produce engaging materials.
- Partner with the Marketing Insights & Operations team to ensure that all data and income generated through acquisition activity is recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support internal teams with acquisition efforts, regardless of channel.
- Collaborate with other marketing and segment leaders on nurture programs to ensure leads are stewarded through their donor journey.
- Deliver programs/strategies to acquire and convert mass leads to mass donors, including:
- Leading and Implementing Digital Strategy:
- Leverage CAMH.ca and other Foundation owned web properties to acquire new leads and donors, implementing continuous improvements.
- Understand goals of various internal partners and deliver effective digital strategy to achieve goals, to ensure brand consistency, and align with CAMH.ca strategy.
- Collaborate with Director, Integrated Marketing, develop integrated digital channel strategies, with particular focus on CAMH.ca, donation forms, and the email channel.
- Partner with internal lead on digital production to ensure digital properties are being maintained and aligned with strategy.
- Team Collaboration and Leadership:
- As a leader on the Integrated Marketing Team, contribute to and support effective ways to working collaboratively with stakeholders including the hospital partners, vendor partners and internal Foundation teams.
- Support and coach direct report, ensuring team goals are achieved on time, on budget.
- Build and develop successful partnerships with external suppliers and manage their performance.
- Preparing and updating budgets and budget projections.
- Managing invoice approvals, purchase order preparation and related rationale.
- Developing recommendations for escalated issues.
- Daily management of team and performance management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 7+ years of directly related digital marketing experience; experience in monthly donor acquisition an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong people leader; at least 2 years of experience managing one or more direct reports in a marketing or fundraising organization; with proven track record of advancing team.
- Experience leading multi-channel marketing initiatives in a multi-stakeholder complex environment, ideally in non-profit.
- Demonstrated track record in digital fundraising or income generation, including strong understanding of testing methodologies, as well as demonstrated knowledge of integrated digital marketing.
- Ability to develop and manage complex, tactical multi-channel strategies, understand strategic directions, programs and issues to help advise program area and stakeholders.
- Skilled project manager; experienced working with external vendors.
- Ease with site development, content marketing, digital campaigns, email marketing, SEM campaigns, social media planning and implementation, and digital production.
- Data mining and analysis and adjustments to approaches and plans based on findings.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and conversion tracking.
- Expertise in non-profit online fundraising and CRM software and tools, such as Blackbaud (Convio) Luminate Online and TeamRaiser, including an understanding of HTML 5 and CSS, would be strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and content strategies for multiple channels that drive fundraising, engage donors.
- Must possess excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Experience providing a work environment that embraces diversity and is free of harassment and discrimination.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the vision, strategic direction, and guiding principles of CAMH Foundation.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Salary Range: $95,000 to $105,000
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come into work everyday, then we want to hear from you!
CAMH Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Please contact Wil Steller, Senior Manager, HR & Operations at We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Our north star is creating hope and improving outcomes for people facing mental illness. We work in respectful partnerships with each other and our hospital partners to inspire philanthropy and raise awareness in support of mental health.