Senior Manager, Digital & Content
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer center (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC), Hamilton General, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC), and St. Peter’s Hospital).
HHSF is committed to a values-based work environment that is characterized by:
Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment in which we work
Respect: for our donors our volunteers and each other
Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute significantly to the effective and efficient operations of a busy Foundation supporting a multi-site hospital network.
In this role, the Senior Manager, Digital & Content will be responsible for developing and executing compelling digital marketing campaigns and communications to drive deeper digital engagements, support traditional mail campaigns, and amplify owned media content. They will have demonstrated experience in brand management, integrated marketing communications, campaign development and execution (particularly in digital channels), managing high impact website and mobile properties, and a passion for creative, impact-driven storytelling. With a strong analytics background, the Senior Manager will act as a subject matter expert to advance the Foundation in digital engagement strategies. They are an adept facilitator and communicator with strong team building and collaboration skills. The role will also be responsible for achieving revenue targets for the Community Lottery and Staff Lottery. This key leadership position will report directly to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, and will supervise a team of 3 staff focusing on creative services, email and social marketing, and content development.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Develop the overall digital strategy across web/mobile, SEO/SEM, email, social, display, and database marketing to increase donor awareness, lead acquisition, engagement, and fundraising results
- Achieve annual revenue targets for community lotteries and staff lottery
- Develop digital fundraising campaigns and engagements that support the execution of direct marketing activities and signature events
- Directly manage web and mobile properties and measure, analyze, and assess performance, and provide recommendations for continual improvement based on results and ROI
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals
- Act as backup for email deployment and social media management
- Apply best practices in UX/UI design and digital donor journey management – identifying critical conversion points and barriers to optimize the marketing funnel
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends in fundraising and digital communications, and provide recommendations for future opportunities
- Use data and analytics to enable effective targeting and segmentation
- Develop, implement, and manage data mining and segmentation strategies to maximize solicitation yields, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for donor segments
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure plans are data-driven and leverage existing analytics
- Develop a content strategy across owned channels, map content to the marketing funnel, and make data-driven decisions with the goal of inspiring prospects and donors toward deeper engagement
- Generate creative and engaging content, photos, videos and digital assets to support marketing initiatives
- Manage a suite of brand resources, such as brand identity guidelines, style guide, social media calendar, etc.
- Manage and develop content for the Foundation website, microsites, and peer-to-peer fundraising sites ensuring all are SEO/SEM optimized
- Oversee the timely production of creative content to support both marketing and philanthropic initiatives
- Ensure content follows digital best practices including SEO optimization, accessibility (AODA), etc.
- Support the distribution of key announcements and communications through amplification in digital channels
- Proactive identify and escalate issues related to brand risk
- Proactively seek out stories from patients and patient families and maximize opportunities to amplify client voices
- Supervise a team of 3 marketing professionals focusing on creative services, content, and email/social marketing
- Support the development and management of the annual marketing and communications budget, ensuring all invoices are properly coded and processed
- Support financial forecasting on a quarterly basis
Accountability: Direct: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in fundraising and/or marketing
- 7+ years related experience in digital marketing, with demonstrated experience in campaign management, web management, and content creation
- Experience in content strategy, content creation, SEO or related experience that demonstrates your strength in writing, translating complex ideas into digestible content and digital assets
- Experience using website CMS tools, strong understanding of SEO/SEM, and knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Enthusiastic and passionate about digital and content marketing for a charitable cause
- Project management skills and experience managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders to support acquisition and fundraising objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of web programs and social media networks including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Understanding of Webflow and BlackBaud (Luminate and Team Raiser) is a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at using tact, diplomacy and discretion with donors, agency partners, suppliers, and Foundation and Hospital Staff
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and positively contribute to a supportive organizational culture is mandatory
- Proactive self-management in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Confident with analyzing results and using data-driven insights for decision making
- Familiarity with health-care fundraising in a large, complex organization is a definite asset
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $85,000, commensurate with experience.
Office Location: Currently, HHSF staff are working both remote and in the office, and both remote and flexible work arrangements are being piloted.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Proof of full COVID vaccination is mandatory for employment with Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation.
Please respond by January 4th, 2022 with a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.