Senior Manager, Donor Experience
POSITION: Senior Manager, Donor Experience (Anywhere in Canada)
DEPARTMENT: Mass Marketing, National Office
REPORTING TO: Director, Donor Experience and Engagement, Mass Marketing
DIRECT REPORTS: 1 direct report
LOCATION: Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, Vancouver (Anywhere in Canada)
STATUS: Full Time
WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
The Canadian Cancer Society works tirelessly to save and improve lives. We fund the brightest minds in cancer research. We provide a compassionate support system for all those affected by cancer, across Canada and for all types of cancer. As the voice for people who care about cancer, we work with governments to shape a healthier society. No other organization does all that we do to make lives better today and transform the future of cancer forever.
Help us make a difference. Call 1-888-939-3333 or visit cancer.ca today.
COME AS YOU ARE
At CCS, we embrace everyone’s uniqueness and recognize the strength that lies in differences. We believe in the power of our collective potential and strive to achieve a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality. Particularly equity deserving groups, such as members of the BIPOC, and LGBTQ2+ communities, people living with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of the Canadian Cancer Society. Together we unite and inspire all Canadians to change the future of cancer.
This role can be based anywhere in Canada.
You’re a senior marketing, communications or fundraising professional who wants to help transform the future of cancer by leading the mass marketing donor experience strategy. You can develop strategy and design donor journeys from acquisition to cultivation to conversion to impact, while also leading the creative process to develop a high-quality suite of donor-centred communications that will bring the strategy to life. You understand what makes mass donors tick and what inspires them to give and give more. You have leadership experience working across a variety of programs, products, segments and channels in a large not-for-profit, and thrive on working with multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment. The opportunity is waiting for you to transform the current donor experience across mass marketing monthly and annual giving to a custom experience that leverages data insights and best-in-class creative to engage donors and drive revenue and retention.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborate in the planning, execution, optimization and expansion of national fundraising campaigns to grow revenue, improve retention and increase the overall donor satisfaction and net-promoter score
- Lead the mass stewardship program and deliver best-in-class donor journey experience
- Lead the donor experience and engagement strategy as part of national mass marketing product, segment, and channel strategy
- Evaluate pilots, sunset fundraising activities and stewardship activities, and implement the donor satisfaction surveys across all proprieties
- Build a data-driven culture and optimize marketing assets to fulfill the product value proposition
- Provide donor experience leadership and implementation support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure the front-end and back-end systems and processes will drive satisfaction and retention
- Lead the development of fundraising and stewardship take-to-market processes including drafting requirements, program briefs and best-practices to drive revenue across the segments, channel, and products
- Source and provide brand, content and communication strategies for revenue campaign, products and channel implementation
- Develop and maintain mass fundraising and stewardship calendar and identify new opportunities to expand reach
- Lead and develop the mass stewardship communications strategy and work with a variety of media to support the donor life cycle for all products and campaigns
- Partner with the marketing, communications, brand, social engagement, public relations, missions, advocacy and research teams to ensure integration and inclusion of fundraising and stewardship communications across properties
- Consult with the campaigns, direct response, digital fundraising and external communications teams and provide guidance as required to pilot and scale revenue growth activities and best practices
- Oversee consultants, agencies, and channel partners to support program and campaign activities
- Provide quarterly analysis and commentary on donor experience including reporting on satisfaction and net-promoter scores
- Monitor external markets and continually assesses cross-industry best practices, new customer experience innovation strategies
STAFF MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead 1-2 direct reports including recruitment, building capacity, engagement and retention of qualified employees to meet business priorities
- Provide support and direction in the development, alignment, and accomplishment of objectives through ongoing one-on-one status meetings, performance feedback, recognition, and coaching
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for team members and stakeholders
- Post-graduate education in a relevant field (Marketing Communications, Fundraising, Marketing)
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with a strategic focus in direct marketing, including 5 years at a senior management level in a not-for-profit environment, with demonstrated success in achieving growth
- Exceptional track record in developing, managing and implementing successful multi-channel donor communications programs for a mass audience
- Exceptional track record of success in conceptualizing and implementing innovative fundraising and stewardship strategies and campaigns, with focus on digitally driven programs
- Proven success in leading consumer marketing or fundraising campaigns across multiple mass and in-person channels
- Innovative thinker with ability to identify what will engage and motivate supporters
- Ability to maintain trusted, effective working relationships with fellow marketing leads within a national organization with a matrix-management culture
- Proven ability to lead by influence and collaborate effectively to drive performance and results
- Exceptional organizational, project management, presentation and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English / French) an asset
- A team player who values an environment of open communication and collaboration
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of Canadians with cancer, their caregivers, families and communities. We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees by highlighting their unique experiences. We value diverse skills and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CCS is committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
COURAGEOUS UNITED CARING RIGOROUS.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits, which include paid parental leave, paid family sick time and health insurance, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by May 19, 2023 to the following link:
For internal candidates, this position is assigned to salary band 7.
CCS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the local provincial Accessibility Act, accommodation will be provided as requested throughout the recruitment process. We want to make the interview process a great experience for you!
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of CCS to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about CCS premises or while carrying out CCS business.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. CCS has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All employees will need to attest to their vaccination status through a secure online form or automated applications. Reasonable accommodation and remote working will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Connect with us online