Senior Manager, Fund Development
WHO WE ARE?
The future is bright for tennis in Canada, and you will be right in the middle of it all at Tennis Canada! A national sport organization with a mission to lead the growth of tennis in Canada and a vision to become a world-leading tennis nation, Tennis Canada seeks to help grow participation across the country and help develop champions on the international stage. Tennis Canada also owns and operates the world-class National Bank Open presented by Rogers tournaments in Toronto and Montreal, two of the best-run sporting events on the planet which annually bring the globe’s best tennis players to Canada and continue to break attendance records year on year. In recent times, Canadian tennis has enjoyed many historic achievements, including a first Grand Slam singles title at the 2019 US Open as well as a first appearance in the Davis Cup final in Madrid and increased participation and interest in the sport. Join us as we look to build on this exciting momentum and continue to produce incredible results. We are a team of innovators, who are passionate about our work and pursue excellence together every day.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Senior Manager, Fund Development
Reporting to the Vice President, Fund Development, the Senior Manager is responsible for the annual giving strategy including fostering and soliciting new and existing multi-year gifts from major gift supporters.
- Personally manage a portfolio of major gift donors ($5K – $100K) conducting solicitation calls and stewardship activities.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit new prospects to raise incremental revenue.
- Lead donor solicitation and renewal strategies that align with the organizational priority programs, including High Performance (Jr. pipeline), creating positive tennis experiences through EDI and safe sport, and Sports Science, etc.
- Develop comprehensive, creative and tailored proposals.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure high quality development and execution of cultivation, engagement, recognition and stewardship activities, and impact reporting, to nurture the donor’s involvement, interest, and support.
- Ensure effective donor management organizational frameworks and processes are in place.
- Work with the Development team to contribute to the fundraising strategy and planning.
- Work with the Marketing team to deliver fund development related communications
- Ensure donor files are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion.
- Act as an Ambassador and attend events as required.
- Work across the Fund Development team to contribute to the delivery of the operational plan.
WHO YOU ARE?
- You have a minimum of 5 years of charitable sector experience, with more than 2 years in major gift fundraising.
- And a relevant bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Demonstrate superior communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Like to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate creativity, positivism and are solutions-oriented.
- Are recognized for being a team player and a go-getter.
- Are competent with Salesforce (or equivalent database) and Microsoft suite of products.
- Are bilingual French and English (asset).
- Experienced with cause-related marketing or sponsorship programs (asset).
- And have a CFRE accreditation (asset).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Join the team that’s helping to make Canadian tennis history.
- Be part of an innovative, vibrant, and passionate team.
- Join the organization that sets the standard and always strives for excellence.
- Benefit from a generous organization that truly cares about its employees.
Send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org