Senior Manager, Fund Development
A senior member of the Toronto Artscape Foundation team, the Senior Manager, Fund Development is responsible for leading and supporting fundraising and stewardship of individuals, corporations and private foundations. This role will also oversee the day-to-day management and implementation of a suite of integrated and expanding annual campaigns and fundraising events. This role also manages the performance of the Coordinator, Fund Development.
This portfolio is expected to lead and contribute to a team that raises over $5M in cash annually from all three levels of government, public foundations and agencies, private foundations and individuals, as well as the corporate sector.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Manager, Fund Development works closely with the entire Fund Development team as well as members of the Toronto Artscape Inc. team, and other key stakeholders such as senior volunteers and board members. In addition, they contribute to and sometimes lead internal cross-departmental project teams as requested. They are also responsible for administrative tasks as required.
Most importantly, the Senior Manager will inspire, manage and evaluate staff to develop and achieve employee-level plans that clearly contribute to Artscape mission, vision and values. While the candidate must be available for in-person donor meetings, events and tours, there is an opportunity for this to be a hybrid in-person/work from home role.
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 75 major and intermediate gift prospects through the donor cycle including conducting one-on-one meetings with prospects to cultivate donors and secure gifts over $25,000
- Responsibilities include managing a pipeline, identifying prospects, discovery calls, developing proposals and letters, crafting benefits and recognition strategies, reporting and donor stewardship
- Oversees and supports major campaigns, including board campaign, staff campaign, supplier campaign and year-end campaign
- Supports Executive Director by preparing strategies and briefing notes for calls and completion of call follow-up
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure regular stewardship of donors for the Foundation
- Manages performance and professional growth of Fund Development Coordinator
- Creates a culture of teamwork and fosters opportunities for professional development and mentoring, including internal onboarding and training opportunities
Special Event Management
- Leads the development of an annual event plan to steward and cultivate donors, including fundraising events
- Oversees all logistical aspects of the Toronto Artscape Foundation’s cultivation, stewardship and fundraising events as well as securing event support, in kind donors and all administrative aspects of the event including supporting the Executive Director and staff in sponsorship/donation approaches
- Participate in the planning of annual and longer-term fund development strategies
- Maintains and stewards relationships with Foundation board members
- Supports Board management and reporting, as required
- Maintains a high degree of motivation, superior work ethic, attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement consistent with the culture of the Fund Development team
- Is an informed member of the Fund Development team and makes creative connections between and among people, events and programs and their associated circles to increase revenue, donor and sponsor bases
- Assists Executive Director with departmental work plans
- Other duties as assigned, which also includes committee and task group work as assigned, as part of the job
- 4-7 years fundraising experience
- Formal education in fundraising an asset
- Past success in creating, launching and monitoring successful fundraising campaigns
- Understanding of the charitable landscape including CRA regulations
- Event coordination and execution experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office
- Experienced in relational databases and/or CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Proven track record working with senior volunteers
- Thrives in a fast-moving, agile and collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and strong interest in making a difference in the lives of artists
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong multitasker
- A disciplined doer
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Confident, personable, clear and persuasive communicator
- Able to synthesize and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinker
- A welcoming and open-minded individual who demonstrates respect for workplace diversity and inclusion
Interested candidates please apply online.