Senior Manager, Leadership Giving
TO Live is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Leadership Giving. This person will be a key member of the Philanthropy & Sponsorship team and TO Live’s senior team, developing and implementing strategies to grow TO Live revenue from individual donors and foundations. On an annual basis, this will include oversight of the TO Live Champions program ($1,000-10,000), foundation appeals, planned giving, major gifts and fundraising events.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the leadership, foundation, and gift planning programs.
- Develop new strategies to increase engagement among TO Live audiences and awareness of our charitable activities with a focus on prospecting activities and related prospect management and ensure the ongoing development of the prospect pipeline for both mid-level and foundation giving.
- Create strategies to communicate to all donor groups to ensure donors receive relevant, accurate and timely information about the impact of their giving.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of donor and patron program prospects with the capacity for $1000+ gifts, including prospect identification and qualification.
- Manage the preparation and execution of all online or offline marketing, donor engagement and events for donors, patron members, and prospects.
- Develop and deliver compelling proposals that match individual donor and foundation philanthropic goals.
- Lead the planning and execution of stewardship and TO Live’s events, including an annual gala, coordinating with volunteers, internal departments, and vendors.
- Analyze trends, identify opportunities and challenges, and develop strategies to meet goals in each fundraising channel.
- Develops and manages annual budgets and fundraising targets for leadership giving programs.
- Provide relationship management support to non-fundraising staff and cultivate a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably working in patron membership programs or major gifts.
- Experience working in arts and culture is considered an asset.
- Results-oriented, with a proven track record of managing integrated multi-channel annual campaigns and achieving revenue targets.
- Successful track record in identifying and cultivating prospects and gifts of $1000+.
- Solid knowledge of CRM database and fundraising best practices. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, experience building a team and collaboration across departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of both individual project and departmental budget processes.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.