Senior Manager of Philanthropy
Job Title: Senior Manager of Philanthropy
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Non-Bargaining Unit
Number of Positions: 1
Rate: $69,576.00 to $79,930.50 annual salary
Vacation: 4 weeks to start
Benefits: Dental, Extended Health, Life Insurance and LTD (100% Employer Paid Premium), paid sick leave and float day
Pension: RRSP with 6.5% employer contribution after successful completion of probation
Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships
Posting Date: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022
Location: 800 Bay Street, Work from Home
Why Fred Victor?
For over 125 years, Fred Victor has been a leader in providing place and purpose to people in need in Toronto. Our mission is to improve the health, income and housing stability of people experiencing poverty and homelessness. We are committed to ending chronic homelessness. This is an ambitious and bold goal but we believe, achievable.
Does this sound like work you want to be a part of?
We offer a high-energy, supportive learning environment, an opportunity to join a diverse team of professionals and a chance to make a difference.
What You Will Do (Position Summary):
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships, you will:
• Identify cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 150 existing and prospective donors
• Design and implement strategies to cultivate relationships
• Develop a growth strategy for major giving at Fred Victor
• Be a key partner in creating donor communications and stewardship plans
What You Bring to the Team (Qualifications):
• Bachelor’s Degree from relevant program • 3+ years of experience in fundraising• 1+ years’ experience in major gifts• Proven ability to secure gifts $5,000 – $100,000
What Sets You Apart
• You are self-starter • You are donor focused and mission driven• Not afraid to talk to people on the phone or in person • Understanding of why people give • Strong communicator in person and in writing • Ability to exercise good judgment • Applied computer skills (MS word, excel, and Internet). • Ability to use Raisers Edge
How You Can Apply
Send your resume and a letter describing why you want to be part of the Fred Victor Team by October 14, 2022 to SGallagher@fredvictor.org with Senior Manager of Philanthropy in the subject line.
A Police Record Check is required by the final candidate prior to hiring.
All candidates offered a position with Fred Victor from September 30, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination as a condition of employment. Fred Victor will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Accessibility & Accommodation Fred Victor is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities, and persons with lived-experience.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.