SENIOR MANAGER, PERSONALIZED DONOR STEWARDSHIP
SENIOR MANAGER, PERSONALIZED DONOR STEWARDSHIP
Toronto / Full-Time
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role involves remote / work from home and may be subject to change as the organization works through its hybrid workforce plan. We care about our team and community, and are closely monitoring the evolving situation. CAMH Foundation will continue to make the health and safety of our team a top priority.
ABOUT CAMH FOUNDATION
Hi! I’m Debbie Eyton, Interim VP Philanthropy & Partnerships. I am excited to be doing a job I love, working for a meaningful cause, with the opportunity to add to an exceptional team.
I believe the key to an excellent Senior Manager, Personalized Donor Stewardship is not just the technical skills but the knowledge of the organization’s business, asking the right questions, listening to the answers and believing in the organization’s mission. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser who is a self-starter but still understands and is committed to the team.
I invite you to join me for a conversation about your interest in CAMH, have the chance to meet members of our incredible team, and tell me more about how your career aspirations align with our bold journey to create a world where mental health is health.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. With a dedicated staff of more than 3,000 physicians, clinicians, researchers, educators and support staff, CAMH offers outstanding clinical care to more than 34,000 patients each year. The organization conducts ground-breaking research, provides expert training to health care professionals and scientists, develops innovative health promotion and prevention strategies, and advocates on public policy issues at all levels of government.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds in support of CAMH. Its role is to help transform the way we understand and address mental illness by raising awareness and increasing engagement across the country. Generous and dedicated supporters help CAMH advance discovery and innovation, build spaces that promote recovery, and break down the stigma of mental illness.
With a vision to inspire philanthropy to solve the greatest mental health challenges of our time, the Philanthropy team is responsible for inspiring philanthropic support from individuals in the private sector, making up over 70% of CAMH Foundation’s annual revenue. As members of the team, we are committed to being positive culture carriers, adaptable change agents, clear, proactive communicators and to leading a culture of helpfulness. Team members approach their work from the perspective of curiosity and a common purpose to nurture life-long relationships outside and inside CAMH.
The Senior Manager, Personalized Donor Stewardship is responsible for setting the personalized stewardship strategy experience for mid level, major and planned giving donor segments. Working in collaboration with the Donor Strategy and Engagement team, this role has a mandate to create exceptional, personalized stewardship experiences for CAMH Foundation’s most committed donors. This includes key donor communities such as the Visionary Society ($1M+), mid level (Michael Wilson Society) and planned giving donors.
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy & Partnerships, this newly created personalized stewardship position directly supports the work of individual fundraisers across the Philanthropy & Partnerships team, ensuring proactive donor experience plans are created to support the annual operating plans of the team, and ultimately donor retention and renewal.
The Senior Manager, Personalized Donor Stewardship will be a mature, energetic, versatile, experienced and collaborative individual who can manage multiple relationships, understand nuance and is able to recognize priorities in ensuring that we are meeting and exceeding our donors expectations. The new incumbent will require strong administrative, multi-tasking and organizational skills with demonstrated understanding of the complexities and issues inherent in major gift fundraising.
The incumbent will work effectively with the President & CEO, Vice President, Philanthropy & Partnerships, Philanthropy & Partnerships colleagues, Donor Engagement colleagues, as well as colleagues throughout the organization to consider and implement thoughtful and creative strategies to shape this unique and critically important role.
The role of Senior Manager, Personalized Donor Stewardship will include but is not limited to the following:
- Lead the development of a unique personalized stewardship program for Mid-Level, Major Gifts and Visionary CAMHF donors, including planning and reviewing short-term and long-term goals, objectives, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure successful execution of these plans.
- Work with colleagues throughout the Foundation in providing, leadership, priority setting and management direction in advocating for and responding to the needs of Visionary donors.
- Working with the Manager, Donor Stewardship to develop and implement an effective model for tracking reporting and analysis of donor deliverables.
- Ensure that all communication and recognition materials for prospects, volunteers, physicians and other key constituents are accurate, prepared consistently and produce at the highest standard.
- Where appropriate provide effective leadership and supervision of assigned staff.
- Evaluate the progress of assigned constituency responsibilities and develop effective plans to adjust strategies and priorities, as required, to ensure success.
- Support a positive and collaborative team dynamic with CAMHF departments including Donor Engagement, Research, Events, Annual Programs, Impact Communications, Finance/accounting and Donations Management.
- Keep donors personally updated about breakthroughs and work of interest and achievements in the areas they support, but also at CAMH as a whole (while understanding how much information each donor/family wishes to have).
- Create special and unique engagement vehicles for individual donors when opportunity arises.
- Lead development of stewardship report for visionary donors from planning through preparation and delivery, working closely with colleagues in Donor Engagement, Impact Communications, Finance/accounting and Philanthropy & Partnerships.
- Ensure communication throughout the Foundation of any pertinent information related to your donors that will enhance and ensure exemplary management of our relationship with them.
- Ensure that all appropriate activity is recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Special projects as required as related to the portfolio.
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team – attend and participate in Senior Leadership Team meetings.
The purpose in establishing this role at the Foundation is to ensure our Major Gift donors are engaged, communicated with on a regular basis, feel appreciated and are recognized for the contributions they have made that are essential to CAMH’s success.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risk wherever it may arise.
- Perform and supervise work in accordance with applicable provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Foundation HR policies and applicable CAMH Policies.
- Provide a work environment that embraces diversity and is free of harassment and discrimination.
- Ensure that CAMH Foundation resources are used as efficiently as possible.
- Models the Guiding Principles.
- Performs cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or requested.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- University degree preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with senior professional fundraising staff and volunteers. Major gifts and/or campaign experience in a hospital or university setting would be an asset.
- Customer service, or related donor stewardship knowledge.
- Analytical skill set – metrics, evaluation, reporting.
- Project management skill set.
- Event management skill set considered an asset.
- Strategy and operational planning.
- Technical expertise with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, design programs.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come into work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: $97,757 – $122,197 annually
CAMH Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Please contact HR.Foundation@camh.ca. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Our north star is creating hope and improving outcomes for people facing mental illness. We work in respectful partnerships with each other and our hospital partners to inspire philanthropy and raise awareness in support of mental health.
To apply: please click website link provided on this page
CAMH is a Tobacco-Free Organization.
CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a teaching hospital and research institute. As a CAMH employee, you will be expected to actively support CAMH’s teaching and research activities, in addition to supporting the clinical work of the hospital.
At CAMH, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer. Our commitment to equity is grounded in an institution-wide commitment to achieving a working, teaching, and learning environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
CAMH actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges).
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.