Senior Manager – Planned Giving
Title: Senior Manager – Planned Giving
Location: Remote, Across Canada
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $75,000 – $101,000
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Senior Manager – Planned Giving to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Planned Giving, you will work with the Senior Director Campaigns, Major Gifts & Planned Giving, the Senior Manager, Planned Giving will work as a member of the national Philanthropy team and support the development and management of the Planned Giving and Major Gifts program as well as lead a team of direct reports. The incumbent will maintain a portfolio of planned gift prospects and donors, and secure planned gift commitments.
In this role, you will:
Donor/Prospect Portfolio Management
- Develops, implements, and evaluates strategy to cultivate and solicit individual Planned Giving and Major Gift prospects
- Creates and carries out individual prospect/donor plans and associated strategies
- Attends and participation in prospect clearance meetings
- Implements and enhances donor recognition and stewardship initiatives
- Works collaboratively with relationship managers from across relationship channels on joint cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Prepares and gives presentations on the Red Cross and planned gifts to appropriate external audiences.
- Utilizes Black Baud CRM database to capture moves management in a timely way
Development and management of Planned Giving staff
- Recruits and trains new Planned Giving staff as part of a collaborative, high-performance team
- Provides guidance, coaching and oversight in areas of donor/prospect strategy and planned gift solicitations and complex gifts
- Establishes goals, objectives, and metrics for the purpose of evaluating individual performance
Management of Planned Giving and Direct Marketing Lead Generation
- Supporting the Senior Director Campaigns, Major Gifts & Planned Giving, and Director, Direct Marketing, in strategy development and annual plans for PG lead generation by mail, email and telemarketing
- In collaboration with Direct Marketing team, planning and execution of key strategic initiatives including lead generation, collateral refresh / development, stewardship for confirmed expectancies
Planning, Tracking and Evaluation
- Participates in the development of national Planned Giving strategies and activities
- Contributes to the development of provincial Planned Giving budgets
- Monitors expense budgets and maintains close control of expenditures throughout the year
What we are looking for:
- Post secondary education and seven years of relevant fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Specialized experience and professional knowledge of the technical aspect of planned gifts and estate administration is required. Completion of the CAGP Gift Planning course is preferred
- Knowledge of philanthropy practices and familiarity with donor-centred fundraising with a strong desire to improve donor experience
- Experience and commitment to excellence in customer service in supporting partners, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of planned gift fundraising, estate planning, and associated gift vehicles
- CFRE, ACFRE or FAHP certification is an asset.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Planning, project management, administrative leadership, human resources and financial management
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with fundraising software, preferably Blackbaud Raisers Edge and/or CRM
- Domestic travel is a regular part of the job. Current driver’s license, use of a car, and a satisfactory driver’s abstract is required
- Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours to meet travel and other commitments and during times of a disaster response and/or appeal
- Completion of a successful Criminal Record Check is required
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.