Senior Officer, Community Giving and Events
Position Title: Senior Officer, Community Giving and Events
Full Time, Permanent
Location: Oakville (permanently Hybrid)
Reporting to: Executive Director
Formerly Melanoma Network of Canada, Melanoma Canada was founded in 2009 by Annette Cyr, three-time melanoma survivor, in response to a lack of meaningful information and support. The organization quickly became the leading national resource for the melanoma and skin cancer patients.
Join Melanoma Canada as we launch a new brand in 2022 with a renewed commitment and focus to provide crucial education, prevention programs, and support services for the patient, caregiver, and clinical community. The organization will continue to unite the voice of the melanoma and skin cancer community, advocating for improved care and access to new and improved treatment options.
The Senior Officer, Community Giving and Events, is responsible for the execution and contributes to the development and marketing of fundraising campaigns including (Giving Tuesday, Year-End) and signature and community events and programs. The incumbent will build and maintain strong relationships with donors, event participants, our patient and caregiver community, volunteer, and summer camps and community groups. The role will also oversee donor administration.
Supporting and developing focused and targeted fundraising initiatives through: signature and community events, and fundraising campaigns.
- Assisting in the development of short and long term fundraising strategies
- Organizing and facilitating annual fundraising events – notably, Strides Walk – by developing annual project plans, overseeing communications and event marketing and stewarding donors and participants, including volunteers
- Facilitating partnerships with suppliers to implement special events and peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Donor and volunteer stewardship and administration
- Identifying, contacting and responding to inquiries from prospective donors and events participants
- Increasing reach and donations through annual appeal and web and social media campaigns
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on donors in relevant databases as well as maintaining accurate receipting and filing systems
- Creating and overseeing maintenance of appropriate record keeping systems for tracking donor participation, identification and cultivation of prospects
- Recording all donor interactions in donor management software
- Working and managing within budgets and ensuring maximum value and best pricing for all activities, accuracy of documentation and events
- Building and maintaining donor relations with targeted communications, events and recognition programs
- Working closely with the Executive Director, the Fundraising Committee and others to increase our profile and reputation within the donor community
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the Executive Director that will promote and enhance fundraising and event profile throughout Canada
The Sr. Officer, Community Giving and Events, needs excellent communication and relationship building skills. This person has the ability to manage projects and multi-task, while prioritizing Melanoma Canada supporters at all times. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause is essential.
Minimum of a post-secondary degree/diploma in fundraising, business administration, marketing or sales with a concentration in the not for profit sector or community organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in fundraising is required.
In addition candidate will offer:
- Successful track record of developing strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and community organizations
- Experience in event management, including planning, organizing, promoting as well as securing sponsorship
- Donor stewardship and development through a variety of channels, including web and social media
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong researching, problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills
- Superior computer skills including advanced working knowledge of event software, such as Raisin, CrowdChange, donor database management (Salesforce) and Microsoft Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced role
- Reliable, hard-working and committed, with a ‘can do’ attitude – displays dedication and accountability, and follows through on all projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to travel occasionally overnight within Canada and work flexible hours for events or special meetings with donors
- Must have valid drivers license and access to a car for meetings and events
- Must have valid proof of vaccination against COVID-19
Note: This position is hybrid, and offers the opportunity to work remotely. The role is required to visit Melanoma Canada’s Oakville office a minimum of once per week. Parking is provided.
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding and meaningful opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Falyn Katz – Executive Director, Melanoma Canada, c/o email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until January 3, 2021