Senior Philanthropy Officer
Oakville Hospital Foundation (OHF) is currently seeking an experienced, collaborative, strategic, and thoughtful individual to join its major gifts team. OHF is growing its major gifts team as we embark on our largest campaign yet. As a Senior Philanthropy Officer, you will enthusiastically build and nurture meaningful relationships with donors and prospective donors to advance the Foundation’s fundraising priorities in support of Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (OTMH).
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Develop and lead a robust portfolio of donors with the capacity to give donations of $100,000 and above.
- Create and implement creative and quality cultivation and stewardship, inspiring donors to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch campaign-level gifts.
- Develop tailored fundraising materials, including proposals, impact reports, briefing materials, and presentations.
- Strategically involve members of the OHF and OTMH senior teams, physicians, staff, and volunteers to develop relationships and create meaningful stewardship opportunities.
- Develop a business plan and budget for your portfolio of donors and participate in the development of the team’s overall plans and pipeline, measuring results against expected outcomes.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
- Demonstrated achievements in fundraising raising six figure gifts and above, or related experience.
- Independence, initiative, and resourcefulness to strengthen existing donor relationships and create new opportunities in support of OHF’s goals.
- Team player who is open to collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving work culture.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication (written and oral), and relationship building skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Capability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail, accurate records in Raiser’s Edge, and a commitment to achieving performance metrics, which include a personal new revenue financial goal.
Why join our team?
- An open, motivating, collaborative, and family friendly workplace culture that actively invests in its talent (and we mean it!).
- Competitive compensation ($83,946-$104,931), three weeks of vacation to start, and the opportunity for performance-based increases.
- A pension plan (HOOPP).
- Benefits and perks that include comprehensive health benefits and onsite gym access.
- As professional development is considered a key performance indicator, funding is available to pursue professional development and certifications.
Other considerations to note:
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required.
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers, and stakeholders as needed.
- Location preference: This position can be onsite or hybrid with the flexibility to determine your onsite days. Preferred location is within Oakville, Halton region, or surrounding areas to facilitate ease of travel to donor and volunteer meetings.