Senior PPH Assistant
Internal / External Vacancy Notice
Senior PPH Assistant- CANTO/PSP/VN/002
Location: PSP Toronto
Title : Senior PPH Assistant ( Equivalent to Senior Coordinator)
Application deadline: 12 June 2023
Type of contract: Fixed-Term Appointment
Category/Grade: General Service, G5
Duration: 01 July 2023 – 31 December 2023 (to be renewed annually)
Expected start date: July 2023
Workday Reference: JR2319934
- General Background
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
Our Canadian office is part of a global network that works in 137 countries, protecting over 80 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 89.3 million people forced to leave their homes and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the people we help—and the amazing team of people who work for us. We thrive on excellence, integrity and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a newly growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in at the start of this journey, but has the skills, energy and creativity to help shape what comes next.
- Purpose and Scope of Assignment
This role is essential to further enhance donor support and experience; ultimately provide the resource we need to enable us to reach our objective towards our goal by end of 2023. The job entails a supporting role, accomplishing the best means of cultivation and stewardship activities that will continue to promote a positive philanthropic experience for donors, key partners and internal stakeholders. The coordinator will be expected to work with various team members of the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) team and global teams and more specifically will act as the focal point for PPH stewardship and reporting initiatives for PPH Canada.
As we continue to grow or revenue and our pipeline, this position will be essential to the administration of the day-to-day financial management for the PPH team in coordination with the PSP HR and Admin department. The coordinator will help support the PPH team by managing the revenue and expense tracking, which is crucial for UNHCR monthly and quarterly reporting processes
The Senior Assistant (PPH) will closely work with the PSP team and on occasion with the PI (Public Information) Units and with the team at the Representation.
Reporting directly to the Associate PSP Officer, PPH in Canada, the incumbent will be responsible for PPH donor relations and communication, team project coordination, administrative reporting and data management, all of which are key areas of work that further ensures the continued success of PSP Canada.
Working with the rest of the Canadian PSP team, the Canadian Branch office and the PSP team at our headquarters, the incumbent will be responsible within the organization for excellence in philanthropy.
- As delegated by the supervisor, support the engagement of PPH donors, and all activities relevant for the acquisition and strengthening of relationships with them, depending on the local market and philanthropic landscape.
- Support the preparation of pitches, presentations, proposals, reports and any other fundraising materials targeting PPH donors.
- Support the PPH team/colleagues in maintaining and managing the PPH prospect and donor pipeline, including support to the management of existing partnerships, g. by helping to draft donor reports, plan donor missions or other tasks necessary to ensure that relationships are appropriately nurtured.
- Support the team with desk and market research to provide intelligence to inform PPH initiatives and/or the approach to specific donors or sectors.
- Support on the logistics for internal and external events, including internal skill-shares.
- As delegated, and in collaboration with Administrative colleagues, support PPH colleagues with procurement and administrative matters.
- Help to update content on PSP’s SharePoint platform, in order to improve internal communications, and to maintain a regular flow of information with colleagues within and outside PSP.
- Support PPH colleagues with information management and knowledge-sharing, through the collation and dissemination of documents and data pertaining to partnerships and philanthropy.
- Keep records of partnerships and relationships up to date. This might include helping to keep track of income raised, keeping internal calendars and plans updated, and supporting on data entry and maintenance on Salesforce.
- Gather and collate data/information on various topics and for specific audiences in support of communication and visibility plans with PPH donors, organize the logistics of content-gathering missions.
- Support the implementation of activities for UNHCR campaigns, including local and global UNHCR campaigns for PPH donors.
- Support the PPH team/colleagues in the adaptation, testing and/or development of activities and tools that support private sector fundraising efforts, including online activities in the future.
- Keep aware of developments in the fundraising and business environment and raise relevant updates on possible PPH opportunities with the supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
A) Donor Relations & Communication
- Help to write letters, cards and make calls to donors to thank them for their contributions. Help to organize donor stewardship events for mid-level donors
- Develop donor communication materials through research and coordination with the Protection & Solutions Unit (PSU) and PSP teams. This includes preparing stewardship/donor impact reports, cover letters, and TY letters
B) Administrative Reporting
- Manage and track PPH revenue and expenses daily
- Maintain records and back-up copies and soft copies in the shared drive/one drive
- Distribute Revenue and Expense tracker on a weekly basis with the PPH team
- Coordinate with HR & Admin team and submit invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly earmarking reports in coordination with Database Associate and HR & Admin Supervisor
C) Data Management
- Assist with inputting and updating donor records in the database including contact information, solicit codes, event participation/attendance and ..
- Ensuring gift records, gift codes and solicitor information is up-to-date and accurate
- Liaise with Deloitte with regards to donor data instruction
- Reconcile gifts information from the Revenue tracker with the database
- Tracking and maintain records for stewardship communication/correspondence
- Coordinate with the PPH team with regards to stewardship communication and/or correspondence due for each donor and send on a timely manner
- Help develop and strengthen a stewardship process for PPH
- Assist with researching and analyzing data for all fundraising and marketing Pull information for a variety of sources in order to report on the effectiveness of our marketing and communication materials
- Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma
B) Work Experience
- Experience in fundraising, marketing or communication as asset
- Experience planning events an asset
C) Other Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good computer skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- English speaking
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Relevant Job Experience
Relevant experience with exposure to an international environment and/or with humanitarian or development organizations. Ability to produce high-quality written materials tailored to specific audiences. Ability to balance different and sometimes competing needs and deadlines. Experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders, with an ability to multi-task, manage time, and thrive in a high-pressure environment. Experience working in a multi- cultural environment. Knowledge of partnerships, fundraising, and/or relationships with donors and/or external partners, and/or marketing and communications.
Knowledge of humanitarian programming and/or UNHCR programmes and operational arrangements. Knowledge of SharePoint 365 platform. Experience in marketing and/or communications. Knowledge of CRM tools, ideally Salesforce. Experience in a UN field location and/or working in a developing country
PS-Fundraising materials production and management PS-Partnerships / Individual Giving Programmes
FR-Middle and/or Major Donor Fundraising
PS-Fundraising – High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) IT-Computer Literacy
CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners, Government & Community
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All jobs at UNHCR require six core competencies and may also require managerial competencies and/or cross-functional competencies. The six core competencies are listed below.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
To apply for this position, please visit UNHCR career webpage:
For any HR related inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the vacancy notice number and related title in the subject line.
Application without personal history form will not be reviewed.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
WE REGRET WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS.