Senior Project Manager & Regional Alumni Engagement Officer
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and academic excellence at the heart of Canada’s commercial and financial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. We make a fundamental promise – Here’s where it changes – to our students, our partners and the broader community. Everyone at Rotman, faculty and staff, plays a role in bringing that promise to life.
The Advancement team’s vision is to make the School a go-to place for Rotman alumni worldwide. Our alumni proudly identify themselves as Rotman graduates and look to Rotman first for talent, professional development, business and personal networks and philanthropy. Rotman alumni are the School’s strongest ambassadors.
The Senior Project Manager and Regional Alumni Engagement Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and executing regional strategy and programming in consultation with the Director of Alumni Engagement that will help alumni stay connected with the School – its students, staff and faculty as well as each other. There will be a focus on the US with additional markets as required. This position will often work in collaboration within Rotman Advancement and across the School with Careers, Admissions, Faculty and Programs when engagement with international alumni will advance the strategic objectives of the School. Furthermore, this role will also work with the Division of University Advancement to encourage alumni to stay engaged with the University of Toronto community at large. The Senior Project Manager and Regional Alumni Engagement Officer will need to be innovative and self-motivated. They will be responsible for ensuring their programming is timely, within budget and meets engagement targets. The use of University platforms and databases will be instrumental within this role as are the communications skills needed to work with senior leaders at the University as well as within key markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and executing alumni engagement activities, with a focus on regional markets, that support the strategic objectives of the School as well as serving as a resource across Rotman and the University.
- Implementing regional programming and inter-departmental collaborations that allow current students and alumni to engage with one another, Rotman and the University at large.
- Analyzing the impact of programming on alumni engagement.
- Conducting advanced research and analysis from a variety of sources to provide detailed background data on specific regional markets, donors, alumni and prospective industry partners, which includes writing and/or presenting briefing notes, reports and/or presentations.
- Developing marketing/communications strategies that support programming and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a business development and/or advancement role (preferably in Alumni Relations), with a proven track record of success in developing and leading multi-faceted programs and initiatives.
- Global experience, preferably with exposure/knowledge of New York, Silicon Valley or San Francisco markets.
- Must be able to travel and cope with time zone challenges.
- Managing remote and international events experience required.
- High level of attention to detail with superior time-management skills with the ability to prioritize the management of multiple projects/events and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to develop a wide range of materials on multiple platforms that appeal to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent relationship management and client service skills. Should possess a capacity for problem solving with a friendly, professional, customer service-oriented personality.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, database/CRM, virtual platforms.
- Be proficient in high profile networking environments representing the University and be comfortable with public speaking when needed.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultures, adapting communication styles and being flexible to various time zones and communications tools (i.e. conference, Zoom, MS Teams, Go ToMeeting).
- Ability to take initiative or lead projects with minimal direction and work independently to meet the project’s objectives and outcomes.
- Ability to recruit, manage and lead volunteers both remotely and in-person.
Experience working within a university environment (Advancement or Alumni Relations).
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Achievement oriented
- Team player
This is a one (1) year term position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter and apply directly here:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.