Signature Events Officer
Scarborough Health Network Foundation:
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in Canada, Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN Foundation) inspires the support necessary to improve patients’ lives through exceptional care at Scarborough Health Network across three hospitals and eight satellite sites. Since its inception, the Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds needed to build state-of-the-art infrastructure and purchase the latest medical technology, supporting SHN’s vision to be Canada’s leading community teaching health network.
SHN Foundation has launched its $100 million fundraising campaign to support expanded emergency departments, integrated communities of care, accessible medical imaging and barrier-free mental health care.
Our first ever mass marketing campaign, titled Love, Scarborough, aims to close Toronto’s health care gap by driving donations not just from Scarborough, but across the GTA. The integrated campaign can be found on TV, radio, cinema, print, and online. Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Development, the Signature Events Officer will be responsible for the execution of SHN Foundation signature events. They will ensure events are successfully run by overseeing operational details, managing internal and external stakeholders and leading our volunteer membership. The successful candidate must possess solid oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills and blend a combination of professionalism and passion. SHN Foundation signature events are designed to deliver significant undesignated revenue, have broad-based appeal, increase SHN profile in the community, attract new supporters and expand our corporate sponsorship offerings.
- Serve as primary contact for our signature events, including but not limited to the brand-new community walk slated for June 2023 as well as a second signature event expected to launch in 2024.
- Develop event work back schedules needed for our signature events and ensure that all timelines are met.
- Act as main point of contact for our event participants, ensuring questions are answered in a timely fashion and that participants are provided with the proper tools and support to maximize their fundraising efforts.
- Conduct research of potential vendors, securing quotes and negotiating prices to ensure optimum service and strong working relationships with all partners.
- Secure insurance for venues and any additional licensing needs as required.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization including Marketing & Communications, hospital staff, and senior leadership to help develop and share event content, including key messaging, fundraising toolkits, and event programming.
- In partnership with the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement, develop plans to meaningfully thank our signature event supporters including participants, sponsors, donors and vendors.
- Leverage SHN Foundation systems including Raiser’s Edge and AKA raisin to accurately track, pull and analyze reports to help inform our decision making.
- Provide input to develop and manage annual plans (fundraising events – in person, virtual & hybrid) and budgets to support the strategic vision for the portfolio
- Work in partnership with the Marketing & Communications team to develop and execute on strategies that will help to increase awareness, educate our community and surpass our fundraising goals.
- Liaise, support and steward out signature event sponsors, helping to ensure our corporate sponsorship targets and all sponsorship related deliverables are met.
- Determine roles and develop job descriptions for event day volunteers.
- Play key leadership role on event days.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous work experience in a non-profit environment.
- Must have prior event management experience of large-scale fundraising events.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Track record of achieving event related fundraising targets.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to cultivate effective professional networks and relationships with community members, groups and businesses.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and AKA raising or similar systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Healthcare philanthropy experience considered an asset.
- A great attitude and passion for the Scarborough community considered a must!
- Post-secondary education, preferably in fundraising, events or a related field.
Salary range: $55,000-$70,000 annually (based on experience), annual performance bonus (based on organization/personal performance), as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job description last updated August 29, 2022
Job Number: J0822-1453
Job Title: Signature Events Officer, Community Development
Job Category: Foundation
Location: Centenary; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends (lieu time provided)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022