Special Events and Community Engagement Coordinator
The Special Events and Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the CEO and works collaboratively with the Foundation Team, Foundation Leadership and with various volunteer committees. This portfolio focuses primarily on Signature Events and Donor Recognition Events for the Foundation. Responsibilities may shift over time, as priorities evolve and based on annual ROI assessments.
- 1-2 years of related event coordination experience, and/or fundraising experience, preferably in a Hospital setting with proven success, and a demonstrated keen interest in special events
- Post-Secondary degree.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Fearless with a sense of humour.
- Strong and authentic relationship management skills, with the ability to self-motivate
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and ideally Raiser’s Edge. Experience with peer-to-peer platforms as well as design software also an asset.
- Able to multi-task and efficient.
- Understanding of event budgets and ROI
- Understanding of CRA regulations that affect events and receipting.
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is required at all times.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.