Specialist, Mid-Level Giving and Development Operations
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $140 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Visit our website (crohnsandcolitis.ca) for more information.
As the Specialist, Mid-Level Giving and Development Operations, you will play an integral role on a dynamic, growing team to scale Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s major gift enterprise.
You will lead the planning and execution of our new mid-level giving program, working with Marketing and Communications, Mission, and Development colleagues to cultivate and steward a growing segment of our donor base. You will also have a portfolio of mid-level giving donors of your own.
You will also drive the processes and analysis around the entire major gifts sales cycle that supports the organization’s fundraising efforts. This includes prospect research, relationship and information management, fundraising intelligence/strategy, and best in sector donor experiences.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the ideal candidate, you…
- Are a self-starter and lifelong learner with a passion for leveraging analytics and processes to create positive impact.
- Understand the importance of taking donors on a fulfilling journey that leads to long term growth and are driven to coming up with solutions that grow and accelerate a fundraising pipeline.
- Are a consummate team player and skilled project manager, able to build internal relationships to achieve results.
- Have a background in fundraising and an appreciation for best practices, but are willing to push against “what’s been done” in favour of innovative solutions.
- Post secondary education in fundraising, business or communications;
- A minimum of 2 years of fundraising experience with a demonstrated achievement in key aspects of donor relations;
- Proven experience in prospect development and stewardship;
- Experience collaborating with a wide-variety of stakeholders; thrives in a fast-faced work environment, maintaining a positive frame of mind and setting an example of professionalism for others;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, team support and communication skills;
- Excellent writing, research, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills; proven ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports or presentations to a variety of audiences;
- High degree of professionalism and maintaining confidentiality;
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- 2 or more years experience working with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software or similar CRM database (e.g. Salesforce); and
- Successful completion of a police reference check.
- Manage the planning and execution of the mid-level giving program, including managing a portfolio of donors;
- In collaboration with members of the Development team, participate in the development and implementation of personalized donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies;
- Identify, research and qualify major gift prospects; gather information regarding their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, affinity to organization; provide prospect summary recommendations to development staff on prospect fundraising strategy and priorities;
- Work together with the Development team to coordinate the preparation of major gifts resources such as prospect research snapshots and briefings.
- Provide customized acknowledgements, stewardship reports and other related donor materials that advance major and principal gifts from individual, corporate and foundation donors;
- Maintain prospect moves management and pipeline system in Raiser’s Edge on development activities;
- Analyze donor trends and pipeline performance to support the identification and solicitation of major and principal gifts;
- Manage relationships and administer the proper allocation of donations that come via platforms such as Benevity, Canadian Online Giving Fund, etc.; and
- Research and prepare grant proposals that will advance the organizations programs, goals and financial needs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- This role is an office-based position, with a necessary comfort in spending most of the day in front of a computer screen;
- Ideally based out of our Toronto office in a hybrid role, although open to remote candidates;
- Flexible hours;
- Extended health and dental employee benefits program; and
- Employer matching RRSP program.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and community, CCC is requiring that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. CCC will provide accommodation, on a case by case basis, in accordance with its obligations for anyone who is unable to be vaccinated for a reason protected under applicable human rights legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF of their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations by visiting the posting on Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s careers page.
This role will be posted until July 27, 2022.
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment that reflects the Canadian communities that we work with and within. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provide accommodations upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.