Specialist, Signature Events
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s mission to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation just achieved an incredible $250 Million campaign milestone – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – but our work is not done. The Ultimate Campaign built and equipped Cortelluci Vaughan Hospital and helped enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital; going forward, our fundraising efforts will ensure a steady flow of resources to attract the very best talent, advance excellence in our programs and services and secure the latest equipment and technology as we focus on providing the best possible outcomes for every patient who comes through our doors.
Reporting to the Manager, Signature Events, the Specialist, Signature Events is a part of the Signature Events Team, focusing on achieving their annual business plan. The Specialist, Signature Events has a solid track record of executing a range of peer-to-peer, virtual, and in-person fundraising events. The Specialist, Signature Events plays a critical role in the securing of funds and logistical execution of signature events, as well as acting as an ambassador for Mackenzie Health Foundation.
Contribute to fundraising by:
- Serves as the primary contact for signature events and supports all fundraising activities and logistics.
- Is responsible for supporting both income and expenditure targets based on the approved budgets for each event.
- Builds positive relationships with committee/event volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Able to make a solicitation to help maximum revenue and participation targets.
- Develops and oversees critical paths, sales, day of event logistics, sponsor deliverables, donor recognition and acknowledgment.
- Collaborates with Foundation and Hospital teams (communication, gift processing, etc.) and other vendors.
- Demonstrates professionalism and a mature demeanor when participating in Event Committee meetings.
What must you have?
- A degree or diploma in a related field form a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 3 years proven and progressive signature events and sponsorship experience in a Foundation environment.
What else do you bring?
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level.
- Proficiency with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms such as AKA Raisin.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge including data entry, reports and queries.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Self-motivated and reliable with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated patience and effective listening skills in support of understanding the needs of others.
- Experience working with donors, volunteers and committees/boards.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate sound judgment in determining appropriate course of action quickly (including when to escalate issues for resolution).
- Proven experience tracking financials and maintaining reports.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously through demonstrated project management and administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and mange time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening, weekend and early mornings when required for committee meetings, peak event periods and event days.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or healthcare environment is an asset.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health