Sr. Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships
The Sr. Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships is an experienced corporate fundraiser with the ability to develop new relationships and advance existing relationships on behalf of Evergreen. They are a self-starter and bring a successful track record, showing that they can achieve goals and close gifts through tenacious execution and dedicated corporate stewardship. Their superb communication skills enable them to listen and engage effectively, articulate complex issues clearly and simply, and make a compelling case for support. They have a high level of maturity, tact and diplomacy, excellent judgment, and discretion, and can work autonomously and as part of a larger fundraising team.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Sr. Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships, is a fundraiser who manages a portfolio of corporate accounts and identifies and pursues new partnerships, sponsorships, and cause-related marketing opportunities to support Evergreen nationally and Evergreen Brick Works. They are excited to work collaboratively with the Manager, Corporate Partnerships and fundraise for the wide scope of programming Evergreen offers. They will cultivate corporate relationships and be responsible for managing both regional and national fundraising accounts. They will bring their experience in prospect research, proposal writing, presentations to different levels of corporate decision-makers, project management, and relationship building to bear on Evergreen’s mission. This Sr. Development Officer is a great team player and will have the confidence to collaborate effectively with program delivery colleagues, other Development team members, Marketing & Communications team, external partners, and senior leaders.
1. Maintain existing corporate relationships (40% of time)
- Manage a portfolio of existing corporate partners, including ongoing stewardship, recognition, and reporting, as part of securing annual fundraising target.
- Work closely with programming teams to reflect program ambitions and costs in funding proposals and budgets, and ensure accurate reporting of progress.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication, payment, recognition/approvals, and reporting.
- Renew and grow revenue from existing funders.
2. Establish new corporate funding relationships (30% of time)
- Identify, research, evaluate and respond to new corporate prospects as part of achieving annual corporate revenue targets.
- Actively seek out new sources of revenue and keep abreast of changes in the funding environment to feed our prospect pool.
- Develop compelling funding, sponsorship and cause-related marketing proposals and programs, in collaboration with Evergreen’s Marketing & Communication and Program Departments.
- Meet with prospective funders to present Evergreen programs and opportunities.
- Negotiate deliverables and agreements.
3. Team support (30% of time)
- Ensure accurate and up to date activity tracking for assigned accounts for timely prospect clearance in the Raisers Edge database and Wrike project management software.
- Maintain calendar of corporate fundraising deadlines.
- Provide input to strategies, targets and plans to meet annual corporate revenue targets, including developing creative new sponsorship and cause-related marketing ideas.
- Participate in annual work planning and performance evaluation process.
- Contribute to ongoing corporate fundraising tracking, including key success metrics.
- Represent Evergreen and/or help at local fundraising and public awareness events.
- Embed diversity, equity and inclusion into all aspects of work.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation, and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
You have the following qualifications:
- Diploma/degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of corporate partnership or relevant sales or fundraising experience, with examples of successful partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling written materials for a variety of audiences
- Superior presentation skills
- Experience using fundraising database software, e.g. Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge or comfort with project management software Wrike; willingness to learn
- Knowledge of urban sustainability and environmental issues an asset
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset
- Foundational skills in graphic design an asset
- Supervised by: Manager, Corporate Partnerships
- Position is typically based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto.
- Remote and office environment, with occasional on the ground presence as required
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday (flexible)
- Occasional evenings and weekends in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Full time, permanent
- Target Hire Rate: $60,000 – $68,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: November 7th, 2022
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*