Sr. Development Officer
Hillel Ontario is currently seeking a Senior Development Officer. The Sr. Development Officer will be an integral part of the Development team, with a primary focus on donors of $5,000 +. The Sr. Officer is a detail oriented self-starter who will create connections with current and future donors and volunteers. Their primary focus will be to manage relationships with current donors and cultivate new support from individuals and corporations.
The Sr. Officer will be able to develop and execute personalized cultivation and stewardship plans, and assist in the development of fundraising proposals. They will work to meet annual fundraising targets, in support of Hillel Ontario’s strategic priorities. They will work closely and collaboratively with other Hillel professionals (digital, campus staff) to advance and support fundraising initiatives. The Sr. Officer is a highly organized team player who understands the philanthropic landscape and is able to deliver on challenging revenue targets.
- Manage a portfolio of current donors and ensure that they are well stewarded and appropriately cultivated for gift upgrades
- Identify opportunities to engage new donors and corporate partners
- Build and strengthen relationships with key donors and supporters while aligning gifting opportunities with organizational goals and priorities
- Develop customized cultivation and stewardship plans
- Work with the digital and communications team to create fundraising proposals and impact reports
- Directly solicit donations and corporate gifts
- Effectively utilize the donor database software (CRM) to ensure that donor records are accurate and up to date
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the fundraising team to support the overall activities of the Development team
- Work with volunteer leaders to enhance fundraising strategies and outreach