Sr. Officer, Direct Marketing
Title: Sr. Officer, Direct Marketing
Department: Community Giving
Reports to: Manager, Community Giving
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to advance the mission and vision of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre by raising awareness and financial contributions to invent the future of health care. Simply put, philanthropic support allows us to accelerate the pace of research and innovation, purchase the most advanced equipment, and attract the best and brightest minds.
Located within Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre on Bayview Avenue in Toronto, the Foundation consists of more than 75 professionals who work in close partnership with our Hospital colleagues. With ambitious goals ahead, the Foundation is committed to continuing to grow our results and impact as we help Sunnybrook to raise sites, uncover new possibilities, develop talent, and deliver exceptional care.
The Sr. Officer, Direct Marketing will have a mandate to build the Foundation’s broad base of annual and one-time supporters using sophisticated direct marketing techniques and analytics. Reporting to the Manager, Community Giving the Sr. Officer will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and planning to ensure that all initiatives are consistently managed to optimize growth. This will include oversight on the direct mail and tribute giving programs and will be responsible for growth in the number of donors acquired, donor loyalty, donor reactivation, and dollars raised.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing a disciplined project management approach to programs for direct mail with one goal – to sustainably grow revenue in order to help save and transform lives. Leading the development and execution of the annual direct marketing plan, the incumbent leads their program area in all tactical areas of donor acquisition, conversion, upgrade and retention with innovative creative while ensuring messaging fits within the Sunnybrook Foundation’s overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Execute direct mail campaigns that drive both one-time gift fundraising revenue and monthly contributions
- Work with partners/vendors to develop, produce, monitor and report on all key donor metrics and stewardship activities
- Develop campaign lifecycles from project briefing, concept development, internal approval process to production; ensuring key messages are on brand, timely, relevant and in alignment with the Foundation’s goals
- Manage detailed critical paths and ensure on-time execution of direct mail fundraising campaigns
- Collaborate with in house digital team on innovative digital initiatives that help maximize contributions and build engagement within the donor base
- Monitor and manage reporting of direct mail fundraising campaign results, identifying issues and solutions as appropriate
- Identify new opportunities to improve results, or for testing, and stay in tune with new and emerging channels and strategies
- Collaborate across the organization to foster integration between all departments
- Liaise with key fundraising partners on a regular basis to ensure they are briefed on campaign objectives and ensure high quality engagement
- Perform cross-functional duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to craft stories and inspire donors
- Exceptional project management skills, with a proven ability to manage timelines and budgets
- Ability to set priorities, multi task, demonstrate a positive attitude, trouble shoot and problem solve independently using sound judgement
- Strong understanding of how to create effective direct response fundraising creative briefs, managing external partners in developing plans and assessing performance
- Understanding of email marketing, digital advertising and social media tactics to support and grow direct response campaigns
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; proven experience in managing and mentoring staff
- Significant data-driven direct marketing experience within a large complex organization
- Excellent organization skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid judgment and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships; demonstrable success working effectively on cross-functional teams
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Proven multi-tasking skills
- Minimum of 8+ years fundraising experience and database management in a known, professional fundraising environment (hospital experience preferred)
- Proficient in CRM tools – Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements including December holiday closure and ½ day Friday’s leading into long weekends
- Flexible hybrid work model as is appropriate to the role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience, by April 8, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca
Please quote “Sr. Officer, Direct Marketing,” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.