Stewardship Assistant (Foundation)
Michael Garron Hospital provides high-quality, patient-centred healthcare services to families along the continuum of care, from welcoming a new life to facing end-of-life. Serving more than 400,000 people in East Toronto, we deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis—90 per cent of the healthcare people need, at a level of excellence rivaling anywhere else in the city. We are also developing tomorrow’s healthcare leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto. MGH is a proud member of East Toronto Health Partners, the Ontario Health Team serving East Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and one of the most diverse in Canada. Forty percent of the people we care for are new Canadians. One quarter of our catchment is low income and we are home to the highest proportion of refugees in the city of Toronto. More seniors live alone here than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health— disproportionately affect people in our neighbourhoods.
In 2018, Michael Garron Hospital Foundation (MGHF) entered the public phase of the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of the hospital’s historic $560-million redevelopment. The Heart of the East will transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-story Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre, and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility.
To learn more, visit mghf.ca.
Currently we have an opportunity for an individual who wants to help us celebrate our donors during one of the most exciting times in our history as a Stewardship Assistant.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is seeking a highly organized and creative professional with experience in fast-paced work environment with multiple project deadlines. The ideal candidate has experience coordinating virtual and in person events, is an excellent writer is comfortable using databases and has experience coordinating electronic and traditional mail. The assistant will play a vital role in supporting various foundation teams and ensuring that our donors feel appreciated and that their support is having a meaningful impact.
– Assist with the distribution of stewardship materials including impact reports, annual reports and holiday cards;
– Coordinate and draft thank you letters to accompany major gift receipts
– Ensure all stewardship activities are tracked in Raiser’s Edge, adhering to coding protocol
– Assist with planning and execution of stewardship events related to our grand opening next winter and others including, donor wall and donor sign unveilings, gift announcements, and donor engagement events
– Developing work back schedules
– Sending invites (both digitally and by mail)
– Tracking RSVPs
– Providing technical support
– Assembling collateral pieces for stewardship events
– Getting quotes from catering companies and coordinating catering logistics
– Booking meeting rooms and coordinating with Hospital logistics team
– Booking Zoom Webinars and Panelist links
– Coordinating follow up correspondence post event
– Support Planned Giving stewardship activities
– Coordinate annual stewardship lunch
– Assist with the annual professional advisors’ breakfast
– Help to ensure adherence to the PG stewardship matrix
– Coordinate the weekly volunteer Thank You Call process
– Support the events team with stewardship needs following signature events
– Gathering photos and content for impact reports
– Helping to organize thank you calls
– Utilize the ThankView platform to create impactful touch points for donors
– As needed, assist with recognition projects for the Thomson Centre
– University Degree or College Diploma required
– Intermediate database skills
– Superior time-management skills
– High level of professionalism
– Excellent organizational, communications (verbal/written), interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills
– Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment where juggling multiple projects, deadlines, and last-minute changes are commonplace
– Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, MS Outlook
– Experience with Raisers Edge, Thankview, an asset
– All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
– All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH
– All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Our target salary range is $53,000 – $58,000 annually.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by March 25, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we will be interviewing as we receive résumés. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for consideration.