Stewardship Communications Officer
About Windmill Microlending
Windmill Microlending enables immigrants and refugees to build careers in Canada while reducing poverty and labour shortages. We do this by offering affordable loans along with career assessment coaching, financial literacy training, and mentorship for newcomers who lack access to mainstream credit.
Since 2005, Windmill has provided over 8,000 loans to clients in healthcare, IT, financial services, law, engineering, and many other fields to triple their incomes as a result of our affordable loans and support. Windmill is a registered Canadian charity supported by donations and community bonds from the private sector and grants from the public sector.
Windmill Microlending is seeking a capable and committed individual, to serve as a Stewardship Communications Officer on our Development team. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for managing the implementation of our stewardship communications and private funder reporting, and supporting donor research and stewardship events.
This full-time position is based in Calgary or Toronto and reports to the National Director, Philanthropy and Campaign Planning. The Stewardship Communications Officer implements all aspects of Windmill’s stewardship program. They will play an important role in supporting the significant growth and organizational change Windmill expects to experience over the next few years.
Stewardship communications and reporting (80%):
- Draft and deliver all standard and bespoke stewardship reports for individuals, foundations, corporate donors, grant makers, and guarantors
- Manage the activities related to the administration of interest payments and T5 statements plus miscellaneous bespoke reporting requests for relevant impact metrics and due diligence.
- Drafts thank you letters for tax receipts
- Create engagement plans for all individual, foundation and corporate major donors, Named Loan Funds, and Community Bonds in Salesforce
- Support content for our donor newsletter
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Annual supporter communication plan (10%):
- Oversee our annual Impact Report rollout
- Oversee our annual named loan fund cohort updates
- Oversee our semi-annual investor interest payments and statements of account
- Oversee our annual guarantee renewals
Donor & Prospect Research (10%)
- Research potential and current donors to Windmill and prepare research profiles and strategic briefing notes for fundraisers
- Track and monitor moves management in Salesforce
Key Competencies and Characteristics:
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for nurturing and stewarding supporter relationships
- Technical aptitude, confidence and skill with computers and software, in particular, proficiency with graphic design software and Salesforce
- Project coordination skills, including planning, triage and the ability to multitask
- Exemplary planning, task prioritization and time management skills; comfortable multi-tasking
- Goal-oriented self-starter, driven and motivated to meet and exceed goals
- Flexible and supportive team player who takes pride in setting others up for success and meeting new challenges and change with positivity
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in fund development role preferred
- Knowledge of donor-based CRM systems and prospect research and processes
- Starting range $60,000 – $65,000
- Windmill offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, health/wellness, GRSP and vacation benefits.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume to email@example.com (reference: Stewardship Communications Officer). We are actively recruiting for this position, so to ensure you are given due consideration for this opportunity, interested candidates should send their resumes, including a cover letter and salary expectations, as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Clearance Certificate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Windmill Microlending is an equal employment opportunity employer. Adhering to Canada’s Human Rights Code, Windmill grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, colour, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic origin, age or place of origin. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Information on Windmill Microlending – http://www.windmillmicrolending.org