Stewardship Coordinator – Regular Part-time
Find Your Spot at Humber
If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We learn and grow together. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
Humber is a place like no other. Here you will “Find Your Spot” and build a career and future that grows as we grow. In this rich, diverse workplace, we encourage innovation ideas. We support you to find deep meaning and purpose so that you can be proud of what you do and where you work.
The Advancement and Alumni team leads and co-ordinates alumni relations, fundraising, and stewardship to build lifelong relationships with alumni, partners, volunteers, and friends of Humber to advance the strategic plan of the college.
Visit www.humber.ca for more information.
Position Title: Stewardship Coordinator – Regular Part-time
Status: Part-time Permanent
Hours: 24 hours per week
Faculty/Department: Advancement and Alumni
Campus/Location: North Campus
Hourly Rate Range: $25.38/hr – $29.42/hr
What you will do:
- Working with the Manager, Stewardship & Donor Relations, the Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for administering, coordinating and fulfilling various aspects of the Stewardship Program to deliver comprehensive and strategic donor-centered initiatives and tools that support the Unlimited campaign and Advancement objectives.
- The Stewardship Coordinator plays a key role in the delivery of agreed-upon stewardship activities to ensure transparency and accountability to our donors while fostering lasting relationships between Humber, its alumni and benefactors.
- The successful incumbent will exhibit exceptional interpersonal, organizational and project management skills, who can manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload. The incumbent will display excellence in oral and written communication with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail. The incumbent will also possess a positive can-do attitude and enjoy taking on new challenges presented.
- This position is scheduled to work for 24 hours per week with the possibility of increased hours for a defined period of time during peak periods
What you bring to the role:
- 3 year diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field such as Business or Public Relations and Communications or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the fundraising/advancement field or equivalent client-focused environment.
- Experience with donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Experience working in a post-secondary or educational environment is an asset.
- Previous event experience is an asset
- Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro and Photoshop CS6 or equivalent experience preferred.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy, attention to detail and working with confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate using tact and diplomacy with students and donors.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within interdependent timelines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite computer applications.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org.