Title: Stewardship Coordinator
Department: Donor Relations and Communications
Reports to: Manager, Stewardship
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
From our beginnings as a hospital for Canadian veterans, Sunnybrook has flourished into a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto, evolving to meet the needs of our growing community. Today, with 1.3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada’s largest trauma centre.
Our Five Strategic Areas of Focus Are
- Heart and vascular
- High risk maternal and newborn
- Image guided brain therapies
The Stewardship Coordinator will provide the highest level of administrative support to the Stewardship Team and Director of Donor Relations and Communications. Working closely with the Stewardship Team this role will support the planning, coordination and execution of all donor stewardship and engagement activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Donor Relations and Communications including, scheduling meetings, recording minutes, preparing meeting materials, coding invoices and assembling reports
- Provide administrative support to the Stewardship team including, coding invoices, preparing meeting materials, assembling reports and assisting with other stewardship activities
- Prepare a range of thank you and acknowledgement letters, including correspondence from the office of the President & CEO
- Coordinate mailings and execution of all donor stewardship correspondence including gift agreements, stewardship reports and other Sunnybrook publications and communications
- Serve as team lead for various stewardship and organizational project management tools
- Support the manager of stewardship with digital donor wall content and other recognition opportunities including managing and creating content and assisting with project management
- Work with vendors to prepare special projects and custom gifts
- Provide support on the planning and execution of the Foundation’s donor engagement activities including recognition events
- Maintain all donor listings and manage donor wall updates
- Assist in high level projects specific to organizational goals
- Prepare regular reports to assist with monitoring donor stewardship obligations
- Assist with tracking donor stewardship obligations in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide data support including: pulling reports and conducting integrity checks
- Maintain administrative systems and adhere to filing protocols without exception
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Skills and abilities required:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and maintain professionalism
- Embraces change and looks for opportunities for continuous improvement personally and for the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer services skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Undergraduate degree required or related experience
- One to two years related work experience preferred
- Customer service experience in a professional environment
- Prior experience working in a staff capacity with donors, volunteers and executives is an asset
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Adobe products a strong asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by April 21, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Stewardship Coordinator” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.