Stewardship & Events Officer
Scarborough Health Network Foundation:
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in Canada, Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN Foundation) inspires the support necessary to improve patients’ lives through exceptional care at Scarborough Health Network across three hospitals and eight satellite sites. Since its inception, the Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds needed to build state-of-the-art infrastructure and purchase the latest medical technology, supporting SHN’s vision to be Canada’s leading community teaching health network.
SHN Foundation has launched its $100 million fundraising campaign to support expanded emergency departments, integrated communities of care, accessible medical imaging and barrier-free mental health care.
Our first ever mass marketing campaign, titled Love, Scarborough, aims to close Toronto’s health care gap by driving donations not just from Scarborough, but across the GTA. The integrated campaign can be found on TV, radio, cinema, print, and online. Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.
Reporting to the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement the Stewardship & Events Officer is responsible for developing and producing an array of inspiring in-person, virtual and hybrid events to cultivate new supporters and steward existing donors. The successful candidate will take on a critical role with Foundation staff and volunteers in the development and implementation of quality events. The role will lead the planning and execution of stewardship and major gift cultivation events, overseeing budget adherence, logistics, planning, and post-event analysis. The role will act as a primary liaison with senior volunteers and other stakeholders, as well as supporting colleagues in the execution of other events in the Foundation’s portfolio (as needed).
- Lead the planning and execution of all in-person, virtual and hybrid recognition, stewardship and cultivation events such as namings, announcements, ground breakings, grand opening, unveilings, cheque presentations, dinners, and tours.
- Oversee planning for small-scale donor meetings to ensure appropriate coverage and staffing.
- Create detailed work plans for all events, managing workflow to ensure goals are met on time; play a driving role in fostering cross-team collaboration.
- Plan and execute all event logistics, including the development of event communications collateral, liaise with vendors, oversee volunteer management, event registration, communicating with physicians and event speakers, set up and tear-down of events, event execution and post-event follow-up.
- Conduct post-event analysis and evaluation, including drafting debrief reports and provide post-event coordination including outreach via online surveys, collecting and tracking data including participation.
- Complete administrative responsibilities for event delivery, ensuring that an accurate record of all events is held on the database. Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date donor records and lists, including in the organization’s CRM platform, Raiser’s Edge.
- Work closely with the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement to maintain an annual calendar of recognition, stewardship and cultivation events, implementing a long-term strategic approach to effective event planning and management that involves the implementation of project management tools, policies, and procedures to aid in the successful planning of all events.
- Strategize and collaborate with the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement to create a portfolio of high profile of recognition, stewardship, and cultivation events (in-person, virtual and hybrid).
- Project management for video projects, including creative oversight of the project, scripting, storyboarding, managing timelines. Shooting and editing for smaller video projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of event experience, corporate sponsorship, and/or fund development.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the planning and execution of philanthropic events.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and electronic databases.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to review and edit materials (e.g., briefings, event printed materials).
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to assess and correct processes and procedures.
- Ability to accept new challenges, be flexible and swiftly move between a variety of projects and work activities.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills to liaise with management, staff, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong ability to plan strategically and see the bigger picture as it relates to stewarding, cultivating, and recognizing major donors and prospects through events.
- Experience with web/graphics/audio/video editing tools is considered an asset.
Salary range: $55,000-$70,000 annually (based on experience), annual performance bonus (based on organization/personal performance), as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job description last updated July 26, 2022
Job Number: J0722-1356
Job Title: Stewardship & Events Officer
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General site; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends (lieu time provided)
Application Deadline: August 19, 2022