Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you a stewardship professional with a passion for keeping donors inspired about the impact of their giving? Do you have a track record of creating meaningful experiences for donors?
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team in the new role of Stewardship Manager. Reporting to the Director of Stewardship & Donor Engagement, you will build a best in class donor stewardship program.
- Collaborate with the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement, senior managers, volunteer leadership and Hospital staff to lead the development and implementation of a multi-level stewardship and donor engagement program for mid-level, major gift and transformational donors that fosters long-term, meaningful relationships between the Foundation and its donors and sponsors.
- Manage gift agreement process, working with development staff to confirm details of gift, drafting agreements and facilitating approvals. Work collaboratively to oversee the implementation of gift agreement arrangements and deliverables.
- Maintain an annual calendar of recognition, stewardship and cultivation events, donor touch points and reporting.
- Create and maintain processes/systems for efficient and effective event planning and management.
- Develop, plan and execute inspirational and engaging stewardship events (in person, virtual or hybrid), gift announcements, donor recognition unveilings, tours, milestone celebrations, etc., for donors at various levels, ensuring that the level of recognition provided complies with their gift agreement and our donor recognition policy.
- Lead development of customized stewardship reports for donors from planning through preparation and delivery, working closely with colleagues in Marketing & Communications, Finance, Philanthropy, and stakeholders across the Health Network.
- Oversee and execute donor recognition deliverables including donor signage, from rendering creation to working with external vendors to create signage that aligns with donor recognition standards.
- Run reports and analyze donor data for informed decision-making
- Work with the operations team to develop and implement an effective model for tracking reporting and analysis of donor deliverables.
- Compile and maintain an inventory of existing naming commitments and opportunities to ensure compliance with the donor recognition policy, gift agreements and stewardship matrix.
What you bring to the position:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in fundraising, events or a related field
- 5+ years progressive stewardship and donor relations experience, preferably in a healthcare or other complex organization
- Experience with stewardship in a diverse community
- Demonstrated data-mindset, with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong writing, communication and research skills required to convey clear and concise information
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; Constant Contact, database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including complex mail merge operations
Your competencies include:
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in major gift and community fundraising
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment with multiple workflows and competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement, or equivalent client relationship best practices
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000 annually, dependent on experience.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on Friday December 9, 2022. Applicants may be screened throughout application period. All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J1122-0935
Job Title: Stewardship Manager
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022; applicants may be screened throughout application period