Are you a fundraising professional with a passion for keeping donors inspired about the impact of their giving? Do you have a track record of creating meaningful experiences for donors? Are you a proven writer, storyteller and project manager?
Lakeridge Health Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team as the Stewardship Officer, who will play a key role in building and strengthening relationships with donors.
What you’ll be doing:
The Stewardship Officer is an essential position responsible for enhancing and implementing a comprehensive Foundation stewardship program.
Reporting to the Director, Development and Campaigns, the Stewardship Officer works with colleagues throughout the organization to ensure all supporters feel extremely positive about the impact of their generosity on patient care, and have the utmost confidence in our Foundation to manage and recognize their contributions. Close collaboration with the Director, Marketing and Communications is a core component of this role.
Summary of duties:
- Oversee stewardship functions for all Foundation programs including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, events, and community initiatives.
- Plan and execute customized stewardship plans for donors and sponsors.
- Prepare donor impact reports, annual donor report, and other pertinent stewardship materials in collaboration with Marketing and Communications.
- Write tailored thank you letters and pledge reminder letters.
- Liaise with health care professionals at Lakeridge Health to gather information for stewardship letters and reports.
- Develop and execute annual operating plans (including corresponding budgets) and tactics for Foundation’s stewardship program.
- Plan and execute donor tours, cultivation events, and stewardship events.
- Increase experiential stewardship opportunities.
- Oversee physical naming opportunities throughout Oshawa and Whitby Hospitals.
- Manage and maintain all stewardship documentation and tracking, including leveraging Raiser’s Edge donor database.
What you bring to the position:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional fundraising organization or customer service environment.
- A passion for storytelling through impactful writing.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven project management success with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with fundraising database applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- A passion for health care and motivated by seeing the meaningful work of the Hospitals at Lakeridge Health.
Your competencies include:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Clear and effective communicator, including being a good listener.
- Able to work effectively both in-office and remotely.
- Strong customer service mindset and skillset.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, and positive attitude.
- A drive to succeed personally, and to support team success.
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a strategic plan in place, the Foundation is in the midst of an exciting path forward with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Who we are:
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift, planned giving, annual giving and community giving programs, which are supported by the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers, we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada.
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation to assist with the selection process for the position of Stewardship Officer. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Stewardship Officer” in the subject line of your email.
- The job posting will close on Friday, April 8th, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
- No phone calls, please.
- We thank all applicants in advance.