Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you a dedicated stewardship professional with a passion for keeping donors inspired about the impact of their giving? Are you interested in creating meaningful experiences for donors?
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team in the role of Stewardship Officer. Reporting to the Director of Stewardship & Donor Engagement, you will support the development and implementation of a best-in-class donor stewardship program.
- Ensure all aspects of donor recognition are implemented, from overseeing that signage for physical spaces across SHN is accurately and efficiently installed, to maintaining and tracking all signage (including donor walls and plaques) in Raisers Edge and other repositories.
- Facilitate the gift acknowledgment program by coordinating impactful expressions of appreciation.
- Draft donor correspondence such as personal appreciation, congratulatory, condolence and stewardship letters and impact reports to donors and volunteers.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of the deliverables associated with gifts as well as collecting information for impact reporting back to donors, particularly transformational donors.
- Maintain relationship data for stewardship activities in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge) and pull queries to support donor reporting and events.
- Support event logistics, including the development of event communications collateral, liaison with vendors, oversight of volunteers, conducting event registration, communication with physicians and event speakers, set up and tear-down, event execution and post-event follow-up.
- Prepare event and meeting briefing materials, including detailed project work back schedules.
- Generate monthly action and deliverable reports for Stewardship team to ensure all actions are completed to meet donor commitments.
- Support the creation and timely delivery of donor communications, which may take the form of narrative reports, gift acknowledgments, written communications (hard copy, e-mail, or online content), events or personalized impact videos and other digital collateral using tools such as Thankview, Canva, Adobe Express, and other digital storytelling platforms.
- Project management for video projects, including creative oversight of the project, scripting, storyboarding, and managing timelines. Perform filming and editing for smaller video projects.
What you bring to the position:
- 3-5 years of stewardship or donor relations experience, preferably in a non-profit, healthcare setting or complex organization.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in fundraising, project management, events or a related field.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for donors, fundraising volunteers and the Hospital team within a large, challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to review and edit materials (e.g., briefings, event printed materials).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; exposure to Mailchimp or other email marketing tools; database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including complex mail merge operations.
Your competencies include:
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in major gift and community fundraising and stewardship.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement, or equivalent client relationship best practices.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team structure, while managing complex processes and delivering high-quality products.
- Ability to rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and to prioritize competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholder groups.
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $70,000 annually, dependent on experience.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on May 12, 2023. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J0423-0625
Job Title: Stewardship Officer
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated: April 17, 2023
Application Deadline: May 12, 2023; applicants may be screened throughout application period