We are proud to be building the equitable Seneca, and welcome applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives and approaches. Joining Seneca means being part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to access, student success and employee potential. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stewardship Officer will be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of all donor stewardship activities in the Advancement and Alumni team. This is a highly collaborative key role in the Advancement team, working closely with the Major Giving and Annual Giving teams to ensure that donors to Seneca are surprised and delighted by the gratitude, acknowledgement and recognition they receive, regardless of the level of their giving. The incumbent will understand the strategic link between stewardship and cultivation and will support the development of prospect strategies with leadership annual and major giving relationship managers. The incumbent will be an excellent project manager, event planner and builder of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with Major Giving team to develop and support the execution of individual stewardship/cultivation plans for major donors.
- Works with Major Giving relationship managers to plan and execute individual donor stewardship events.
- Executes two donor-focused showcase events.
- Supports regular review of Major Giving prospect portfolios with relationship managers to identify opportunities for stewardship action.
- Coordinates Seneca Awards Reception (or equivalent) with a donor-centered model focusing on connecting donors and award recipients.
- Collects student thank you cards and mails to award fund holders.
- Coordinates the preparation and distribution of endowment reports for all endowed fund holders.
- Develops content strategy and curates all stewardship content for the donor recognition space at Newnham campus, including annual renewal with associated donor outreach.
- Executes the annual Thanksgiving campaign to all donors who give $20 or more.
- Coordinates VIP distribution of RED magazine and other appropriate communications/initiatives.
- Coordinates thank you calls to all new donors and those who give $100 – $9,999.
Strategy and Planning
- Works with the Executive Director and Director, Advancement and Alumni to develop a stewardship strategy and operating plan and coordinates execution.
- Works with Advancement team to review and refresh the donor stewardship matrix and plan to ensure that optimum stewardship is being delivered and all possible assets are being utilized effectively, from President’s Office to donor recognition space.
As part of our commitment to dismantling barriers to success and job opportunities for employees and candidates, Seneca may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) year diploma/degree in Fundraising Management, Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations and Communications.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in event planning and execution, project management and fundraising, specifically donor stewardship, is required.
- Experience in direct/digital marketing and working in a post-secondary environment is required.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Office applications, and the ability to use a Blackbaud Raisers Edge database.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills; exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- Flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate multiple stakeholders and communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Innovative mindset, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to travel between Seneca campus locations, and outside of the GTA.
- A skills assessment test will be administered during the recruitment process.